SketchBook Forum
Hello Sketchbook Community Members! Sketchbook started a new exciting endeavor. This forum is now read-only mode. Please visit the new Sketchbook Help Center, https://help.sketchbook.com/ in the future. Happy sketching!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sketchbook wont start at all

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1500 Views, 4 Replies

Sketchbook wont start at all

So, after alot of tinkering with the installation of sketchbook pro, first I could not begin the installation process because of setupres.dll not loading, I managed to install it.

Then when I launched it I could not continue past the sign in screen because of a license network error. This made me uninstall and try different versions of sketchbook, sketchbook and sketchbook pro.

Now I managed to start a 15 day trial with sketchbook. But then I decided that I would try again with sketchbook pro because I have a serial key for that.

But now I can't even start sketchbook at all, it just loads a bit then nothing happens. No sign in screen, just nothing.

I have been trying to get this software to work for hours, and i'm out of ideas.

I am trying to use my student 3 year license

I have also deleted all sketchbook software and tried to reinstall, still no startup

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
david.lau
in reply to: Anonymous

I have seen my fair share of fatal errors on Windows.  As soon as I see a any .dll error, I will google it which you have probably already done.  If you try any of the methods noted from your google search and spend more than 2-3 hours on it, my suggestion is to reinstall Windows on your computer.  I have done many remote desktop sessions  in my previous position and I wanted to share my experience with you.

1. dll = Dynamic Link Library

2. You may experience install error with other software.

3. Downloading .dll from other sites to replace it can cause issues.  i.e. Malware

This points to 1 solution and that is reinstalling Windows.  Start backing up your computer as that will probably take the most time.  The re-installation of Windows (clean) will take about an hour depending on the speed of your computer.

I am sorry to tell you the news....

David Lau
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: david.lau

Thanks for the reply, but I don't think that reinstalling windows will do
any good, as I did that just a couple of months ago and this is the first
time i've ever encountered a .dll error
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: david.lau

Tinkering some more, I've gotten back to the stage where I can launch sketchbook, but when I attempt to activate I get a licensing network error and the software shuts down.

Message 5 of 5
david.lau
in reply to: Anonymous

PM'ed,

David Lau

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report