SketchBook Forum
Hello Sketchbook Community Members! Sketchbook started a new exciting endeavor. This forum is now read-only mode. Please visit the new Sketchbook Help Center, https://help.sketchbook.com/ in the future. Happy sketching!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SketchBook won't open!

16 REPLIES 16
SOLVED
Message 1 of 17
Anonymous
10743 Views, 16 Replies

SketchBook won't open!

I've been using it with minimal trouble, but yesterday, I was using it when my ipad ran out of power. No big deal, it's kinda an old ipad so I put it on the charger. But now, when I open the ipad to use it again, SketchBook won't open. All my other apps open with no problem. My ipad, and all my apps are current with their updates. I don't have my drawings backed up/saved cause I wasn't aware I could link them to an account until I started looking in to this issue. Is there any way I can fix this without losing all of my work? 

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
david.lau
in reply to: Anonymous

I will need to know the following:

1. Model Number (back of device)
2. iOS Version via System Preferences > General > About

iOS: SketchBook Version via System Preferences (Gear Icon) > SketchBook (Scroll down)

You can try to do a 'toggle on" Restore Preferences via System Preferences (Gear Icon)> SketchBook

David Lau
Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
in reply to: david.lau

Hello, I am new in this forum. Greetings to all, my name is David. I have the same problem with the difference that I have never been opened. I started using the iPad a few days ago and the first thing I did was download SketchBook to try it, but I've never gotten it to work. I have an iPad 2018 model: MR7F2TY/A with the iOS version: 12.3.1 (16F203)
I would greatly appreciate your help.

Tags (4)
Message 4 of 17
david.lau

Can you delete SketchBook and re-download it from the AppStore?

David Lau
Message 5 of 17
Anonymous

Yes. 2 times I've tried. What surprises me is that nobody else has reported it.
Message 6 of 17
david.lau

Can you go to "Settings" > SketchBook (Scroll down) > Look for SketchBook and toggle on 'Restore Preferences".  Are you running any Anti-Virus software on your iOS device?

David Lau
Message 7 of 17
Anonymous

This morning I uninstalled it (I write from Spain) and now I have reinstalled it to prove what you have told me. It was not necessary, as I installed it worked perfectly, I do not know why.
Thanks for your help, if I fail again I will try what you have told me.
P.S. No, I do not have an Anti-virus. This iPad is newly released.
Message 8 of 17
Anonymous

Hi again. 

That worked the first time, but now I'm having the same issue on the same ipad, and wasn't able to figure out how to assign an email to my account, so I was unable to create one. 

The issue has come up again, and the previous solution (resetting the preferences) isn't working anymore. Is there another way I can fix this without losing all my works? 

I've tried shutting on and off my ipad, and that doesn't work either. 

Message 9 of 17
janusscientes

Hello,

I've been having this issue since yesterday evening, the app just doesn't want to startup. I've used it for years before on different devices and experienced no issues whatsoever,and even used it earlier the same day and it was just fine and then, hours later, it stopped responding. I restarted the device twice, updated, ununstalled and installed the app a couple of times. And today still I can't boot it up.

I'm using it on mobile, Android 9.

Please help!

Message 10 of 17
Anonymous

Hi can you help please?

I have a surface elitebook x2 and can't get Autodesk sketchbook to open?

Thanks

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous

My teacher told me to download sketchbook in my laptop. Well, I tried downloading it and it worked. But the problem was that I couldn't find the file. I don't think I downloaded something wrong but I really need help in this one.

Message 12 of 17
david.lau

If  you download the file, by default, it should be in the downloads folder.  You can also search for:

MAC:  SketchBook_v8.7.1_mac.dmg

WIN:  SketchBook_8.7.1.0_Win64.exe

I think you can also search for just:  SketchBook on your computer and you can  then 'install' it.

David Lau
Message 13 of 17
Anonymous

I loved Sketchbook. Now is not working on my new laptop.

ALienware M17 Windows10. 

Everytime I start it, works for 5 mins then freezes. Task manager says Not responding. Uninstalled/Installed 5x. 

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous

Hello! 

I just got this issue this morning, and I need some help to get my Autodesk Sketchbook app fixed. What do you say? Will you help me please? I am using my Chromebook for Autodesk Sketchbook.

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous

My Sketchbook won't open. I need some help to get my Autodesk Sketchbook app fixed. What do you say? Will you help me please? I am using my Chromebook for Autodesk Sketchbook. @david.lau 

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous

My Sketchbook won't open!!! I need some help to get my Autodesk Sketchbook app fixed. What do you say? Will you help me please? I am using my Chromebook for Autodesk Sketchbook.

Message 17 of 17
Anonymous

So when I open sketch book (not the real version) it only shows me two pages for some reason it says I already have it downloaded so I checked files for it but I can only find it in the trash so I deleted them in the trash but it still says the same message

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report