SketchBook Forum
Hello Sketchbook Community Members! Sketchbook started a new exciting endeavor. This forum is now read-only mode. Please visit the new Sketchbook Help Center, https://help.sketchbook.com/ in the future. Happy sketching!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sketchbook Version 8.7.1 erasers don't erase 100%

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
630 Views, 3 Replies

Sketchbook Version 8.7.1 erasers don't erase 100%

Erasing over a line or colored space always leaves a little rest that isn't erased. I'ts not a lot, for the longest time I haven't even realized this myself. However, duplicating layers with erased lines/spaces shows that the lines/spaces are still there, they only have a very low opacity. To fully erase something you have to use the erase tool a second time, but this is just very impractical as a long term solution. This error can be replicated using any drawing and erase tool.
I have also put the "Amount Erased" setting to 100% on all erasers but this issue still persists.

Also I don't believe that older versions of Sketchbook had this problem.
Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
david.lau
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks for reporting the issue.  We are aware of this problem.  An easier way to reproduce it is to paint something (any color) and use the eraser tool.  Then use the eye dropper tool from the color editor and you will notice that white is not 255, 255, 255.

If you want something to be completely erased, you will need to paint it out white (255, 255, 255).

David Lau
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: david.lau

Hey, thanks for the suggestion but i rather not do that it as the white spots would be made visible on other layers which would result in you having to... erase those.

If the bug is known, does it mean that we can expect a hotfix soon? Thanks again for your reply!

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

This seems like an easy fix. Any updates?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report