SketchBook Forum
Hello Sketchbook Community Members! Sketchbook started a new exciting endeavor. This forum is now read-only mode. Please visit the new Sketchbook Help Center, https://help.sketchbook.com/ in the future. Happy sketching!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sketchbook not responding

36 REPLIES 36
Message 1 of 37
Anonymous
9765 Views, 36 Replies

Sketchbook not responding

Hi, I have had Sketchbook Pro now for a while. However tonight when opening the program it will not let me interact with the window at all. My mouse displays as a black circle with a line through it and the only thing I can do with the program is right click it's icon on the start menu and close it. Any help with this would be appreciated.

36 REPLIES 36
Message 21 of 37
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Yeah this wasn't a fix. It still breaks instantly on both the win10 store version and regular. Is this EVER going to be fixed??? 😧 

Message 22 of 37
david.lau

@Anonymous There is something happening with your computer.  It could be a graphics card issue or a tablet (drawing) driver issue.  The only thing that I can think of is to re-install Windows and try installing SketchBook to test it out.

www.sketchbook.com/thankyou

www.sketchbook.com/windows10 (blue button)

David Lau
Message 23 of 37
Anonymous
in reply to: david.lau

Something happening? You don't say.....

Yes, i get that. But my wacom drivers are up to date (even tried rolling back.) 

Bios, sata, usb, display drivers are all up to date. Auto desk is the ONLY thing not working... and for many people for a long time. So I truly don't think it's "just my PC." 
Reinstalling windows to "test?" LOL, no. 
I enjoy using sketchbook, but not that much. This has gone on long enough. There are other programs out there. 
I would have paid a monthly free if you guys at least keep fixing issues rather than telling us to reinstall windows to "test." 

Message 24 of 37
david.lau

On Windows, you can try the following 2 versions of SketchBook.  I am hoping one of them works on your computer.

www.sketchbook.com/windows10 

------

Debugging software is a mix of art (educated/experienced guessing) and brute force.  Here are some 'older' tips on trying to solve your issue.   It is not easy to solve software crashes or not responding errors....

I would start by using Process Monitor

https://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2011/10/general-systems-the-basics-of-using-process-moni...

Search for 'Denied" in log and hit next to see what the problem could be:

https://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2016/06/the-power-of-process-monitor.html

https://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2011/08/revit-2012-website-urls-with-chinese-characters....

https://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2011/12/autocad-family-setupexe-bad-image-pdhdll-is-eith...

Disable Anti-Virus before installing - also used Procmon (Process Monitor)

https://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2015/07/maya-install-error-access-is-denied.html

https://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2013/04/error-autodeskinstallnowexe-entry-point-not-foun...

https://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2014/08/malware-search-protect-causes-application-error-...

David Lau
Message 25 of 37
Anonymous

I have somewhat a similar issue going on with mine. But the major difference is the cursor is working well when I'm using mouse/mouse trackpad but immovable when using a pen tablet. Not to mention that the reserve it actually happened before this but since I use my tablet more so I don't too much but still, it would be nice to able to use both devices simultaneously.

I should add that I already updated and uninstalled software, reboot my laptop, and download it again. Hopefully, anyone can help me with this issue.

Message 26 of 37
Anonymous

tigerclaw231lovestigers_0-1586313039122.pngtigerclaw231lovestigers_1-1586313079026.png

ok so, i have had this application for 2 years and have been using it with the same amount of things open. as of the last week i have been experiencing the same 'not responding' except i have the painting cross-hair but can't draw anything and whenever i alt-tab out of the application it starts responding. 

Message 27 of 37
Anonymous

Hey could you help me maybe?

When I try to open the app, it always says that it has stopped working  And I've tried everything to fix it. PS I have autodesk on my tablet

Message 28 of 37
Anonymous

Well, the site won't let me post, but I have the same problem, only, what I have discovered is that the program (not the new one for 2010 but still the latest) works just fine until I open a browser window, then it becomes totally unresponsive. I get the circle with a line through it. So, as long as I don't want to continue the classes I paid for and want to use Sketchbook Pro for, I can uses Sketchbook Pro.  If I want to hear the instructor in my browser, I can no longer use Sketchbook Pro. The only way to close Sketchbook Pro is to go to the Task Manager and end the program there, where it says it is "Not responding."  Don't know why you would need a screen shot of the circle with the line through it, or the Task Manager that says it's "Not responding."  So, in the three screen shots, it was working, then just quit, as the last one shows. Every time I get it to open it asks about the Analytics also. 

DUH.jpg

quit.jpg

quitTB.jpg

Message 29 of 37
david.lau

I would uninstall all Autodesk products from your computer, reboot and then re-install SketchBook from the link below:

Delete the settings noted here:

http://help.autodesk.com/view/SKETPRO/ENU/?guid=SKETPRO_Help_sb_basics_back_files_settings_html

The folder is here:

C:\Users\YOUR-USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\SketchBook

David Lau
Message 30 of 37
Anonymous

This is the only Autodesk product I have. I have uninstalled everything more than a dozen times. I read the article on the ten things that can go wrong, and I know I've uninstalled it completely. I even delete the file I downloaded and started fresh, turning the machine OFF and starting over. I'm not the only one having problems, which doesn't exactly make me feel better, but it's good for me to know.
Message 31 of 37
oeckinghauseD7Z4L

I know its been over a year since your reply, but I just got a Windows computer after using mac and have a Cintiq 22HD and am encountering the same problems. Right now I have a DVI to HDMI adapter. Did you use a DVI to HDMI before switching to a DVI to Displayport which subsequently fixed your problems? If that's the fix I'll order one for myself.

Message 32 of 37
Anonymous
in reply to: oeckinghauseD7Z4L

I never plugged it in. It was so heavy, I just bought myself a new 16" drawing display from WACOM and it works fine now. I've had to uninstall and reinstall Sketchbook a few times, but it's good now. Sorry I don't really have an answer for you. Good luck.
Message 33 of 37
Anonymous

I found that on my windows 10 system, downloading the app from the
microsoft store, and then opening it, then going into the desktop version
somehow fixed my issue. I don't know why it works, maybe there's a file or
something that gets blocked from the desktop app that's suddenly able to be
read again when you install the store version, but I hope y'all have some
luck.
Message 34 of 37
Anonymous

@oeckinghauseD7Z4L 

If I remember correctly, Wacom does not recommend using any type of video cable adapter (probably has to do with stylus data signal not working with video adapters that meant for regular monitors).

I have had  this problem with my Cintiq 22HD a couple of years ago. After spending hours with both Autodesk and Wacom support, I've narrowed it down to Wacom driver. For some reasons Wacom makes awful drivers for Windows. Newer version didn't work for me, Wacom support provided a few older drivers and v6.3.27-2 works for me. I've been using it without problem since 2018.  Good luck.

Message 35 of 37
Anonymous

I know I called WACOM and got the companie's item that they specifically recommended.
Message 36 of 37
Anonymous

I got the same problem, but I solved it by setting the tablet's display as the main display. To set the tablet's display as main display, go to setting, system, display, select your tablet's display, and at the bottem of the page check "make this my main display".

Message 37 of 37
Anonymous

I know this is an old thread, but I have run into the same issue recently... it had been working pretty well for awhile, but then out of nowhere I ran into what everyone is reporting. 

One possible fix I have found on other message boards was Sketchbook likes to run on a primary monitor. That being said I have switched my tablet to being the primary monitor and it is working decently so far. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report