SketchBook Forum
Hello Sketchbook Community Members! Sketchbook started a new exciting endeavor. This forum is now read-only mode. Please visit the new Sketchbook Help Center, https://help.sketchbook.com/ in the future. Happy sketching!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sketchbook iPad - how do I re-straighten the perspective grid

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
thomas
1550 Views, 2 Replies

Sketchbook iPad - how do I re-straighten the perspective grid

As soon as I tap and move the round arrow and change the perspective grid angle, there’s no way for me to revert back to being perfectly straight. It doesn’t snap or stick so it’s just a guessing game. Unless I’m missing something?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
david.lau
in reply to: thomas

You may need to manually move the grid back to your original location.   Once set, you can lock it with the "lock" icon.

If you go here:  http://help.autodesk.com/view/SKETPRO/ENU/?guid=SKETPRO_Help_sb_tools_how_to_use_perspective_guides_...

Look for:   Perspective Tools for Mobile SECTION to see the icons for Lock/Unlock Perspective guides.

David Lau
Message 3 of 3
thomas
in reply to: david.lau

Yes, the trouble is that if I grab one of the vanishing points (in two-point perspective) to move it left or right, I will inadvertently rotate the horizon line accidentally, even if it's very slight and unnoticeable. If I don't fix the horizon line to be horizontal and then lock it, any horizontal lines I draw will be slightly angled, which is frustrating.

The problem I'm facing is that I can't get the horizon line back to its original state of being perfectly horizontal on SketchBook mobile. If I try to move the vanishing point back, there's no way to know it's at 0 degrees. On Windows SketchBook, it snaps so I know the vanishing points are back to perfectly horizontal. On Mobile, it's just this one annoyance. Otherwise it's nearly perfect! It will be life changing if this horizon line behaviour works like it does on Windows. Hope you can fix it very soon. 

Thank you

@david.lau 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report