SketchBook Forum
Hello Sketchbook Community Members! Sketchbook started a new exciting endeavor. This forum is now read-only mode. Please visit the new Sketchbook Help Center, https://help.sketchbook.com/ in the future. Happy sketching!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sketchbook Freezes in OSX

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
437 Views, 5 Replies

Sketchbook Freezes in OSX

I've been using Sketchbook Pro 6 pretty regularly with an Intuos tablet. About a week ago, it started freezing either the program or my entire computer. If I could quit Sketchbook, if I tried to open it again, the window would be entirely black (and so would some windows in other programs, sometimes).

The problem goes away if I restart my computer, but recurs again if I use sketchbook, usually within five minutes. It happens whether or not the tablet is being used. I've run disk repair, antivirus, and all updates current for my MacBook. I'm running OSX 10.13.16.

I installed the newest version of Sketchbook to see if the problem was my old install of SP6. The problem still happens in the new install. 

Anyone else experiencing this problem? Any solutions?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
david.lau
in reply to: Anonymous

Please get this version of SketchBook.

www.sketchbook.com/thankyou

It is free and doesn't require a login.

https://blogs.autodesk.com/sketchbookpro/sketchbook-v-5-1-0-update-for-ios-android-windows-and-mac/

David Lau
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: david.lau

My first post wasn't clear enough on that point. I installed the newest version of Sketchbook - the problem still occurs.

Message 4 of 6
david.lau

Can you send me the info via Apple > About this Mac?

About This Mac.png

David Lau
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: david.lau

Here's the specs.

MacOS High Sierra (10.13.6)

MB Pro (Retina, 13-in, Early 2015)

Processor 2.9 GHz Intel Core i5

Mem 16 GB 1867 MHz DDR3

Graphics Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

I'm experiencing the same; Sketchbook 8.6.1 is freezing after using for a while. It's not even possible to get to the force close window; mouse cursor is still moving, but computer does not respond to key presses or mouse clicks. Only a reboot will help to get back to normal operation.

My configuration is Macbook Air 11 inch, early 2015 running MacOs 10.14.16 and a Wacom Intuos Pro S tablet. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report