SketchBook Forum
Hello Sketchbook Community Members! Sketchbook started a new exciting endeavor. This forum is now read-only mode. Please visit the new Sketchbook Help Center, https://help.sketchbook.com/ in the future. Happy sketching!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sketchbook for Windows 10 V8.71.0 lags when panning.

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
942 Views, 9 Replies

Sketchbook for Windows 10 V8.71.0 lags when panning.

I have the most recent versions of sketchbook installed on my Surface pro 4- the one from the Microsoft store and the one from the Sketchbook site. Unfortunately, the former is having an issue that causes it to crash randomly and close about every 5 minutes. No error message, it just closes so i have to reopen it frequently. It doesn't delete my work though, thankfully. The other version, downloaded from the Autodesk site is having an issue that makes panning or zooming with my fingers very glitchy, not smooth as it should be.

So my question is, is anyone else having either of these issues? Or, does anyone know what I may do to resolve one of them so I may be able to do some drawings? Thank you.

Tags (2)
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I don't have a Microsoft Surface... but I've used both versions of Sketchbook for Windows.
The one from the Store I don't like it that much because of it's confusing UI.

But the Desktop version (From the site) is the one I have more experience with.
So I might give you some hints about what might be ocurring...

1.- Be sure that Windows Ink is enabled.
2.- Set your "Flicks and Gestures" configuration (Control Panel -> Pen and Tablet) and diable everything, if needed, set tolerance of clicking to it's maximum.
3.- Configure your stylus properly, like setting the tip of your Stylus to a single click.
4.-Are you having troubles with the two ways to zoom in in sketchbook? One is when you press the "V" key on your keyboard, and the other one is with the Space Key.
5.- Check if Sketchbook has Canvas Rotation enabled. Sometimes disabling it might solve performance issues.
6.- Download Sletchbook 8.7.1 again, and uninstall your current version and install it again.
I'm aware that you're using the latest version to date, but it might be that Sketchbook didn't installed properly.

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous

Hi, thank you for the reply. I'm very new to sketchbook and Autodesk so forgive me for not following some of the terms you refer to.

1. I believe my ink workspace was already successfully enabled.

2.Do you mean in the control panel app on my desktop?Or is there one in the Sketchbook app that I can't seem to find? 

3. Is this done in my settings or the apps settings?

4. The space bar method seems to work without any issue, however the "V" key shows the wheel but doesn't have any zooming response other than showing the scale % change.

5. I believe I was able to disable the canvas rotation in preferences successfully which did improve the shaking a bit. However there still appears to be some unsteadiness, and I prefer to be able to keep my canvas rotation enabled.

6. Ill try reinstalling if none of the above end up working.

Thank you again!

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous

1:
Configuration -> Devices -> Pen and Windows Ink.

2 & 3:
In windows use the search feature (cortana) and type Control Panel, and click the program.
Then go to "Pen and Touch Screen" and set the behaviour of Windows when you use your stylus.
Set:

One Click = Simple Click
Double Click = Double Click
Hold Click = Right Click

Then disable both bottom check buttons that says: Pen Buttons 

Then go to the tab Touch and set:
Double Press = Double Click
Hold Click = Right Click

Look further below on the same tab, and click on Configuration, then set:
Spatial Tolerance: Slider -> BIG

4:
The V key works when you drag your mouse/stylus. I might've got confused as I believe that this is a transform key shortcut and not Zoom shortcut.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous

That makes sense and it seems to work much better now, thank you again for the help!

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous

Thanks for asking this question , I have the same issue. 

However, I only have 'pen & ink workspace' on the control panel ! No 'pen and touchscreen'

The no choice to set as 'simple click' or double click on the 'click one' list for example !

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous

I'm using Windows 10 in Spanish.
I live in Mexico.

So I was translating Control Panel and Configuration's options from spanish to english.
I made literal translations so they must be way off from their real name in enlgish.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous

Glad it helped you!
I'm not sure what's the real fix to this problem as I've never played with the device you're using.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous

I found the "pen and touch" by using the search bar in the control panel. And I believe the "configurations" he referred to was our "settings".

Message 10 of 10
Anonymous

Ok, found the culprit,

I was looking in parameters (the gear) While I had to look for control panel .

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report