Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
SketchBook Forum
Hello Sketchbook Community Members! Sketchbook started a new exciting endeavor. This forum is now read-only mode. Please visit the new Sketchbook Help Center, https://help.sketchbook.com/ in the future. Happy sketching!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sketchbook Crashes on Note 9 when opening Gallery

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
821 Views, 3 Replies

Sketchbook Crashes on Note 9 when opening Gallery

This app works and I can draw like others on my Note 9, but I tried to save my first drawing and when I open the Gallery on my phone it crashes every time. I have looked at other forms and tried different solutions that were given, but the Sketchbook on my Note 9 still crashes. I honestly don't care if my 1 drawing is not saved, but I would like to save other drawings I do in the future. Can someone help me please?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
david.lau
in reply to: Anonymous

1. Backup Sketches!

2. Copy the Sketches from the /Autodesk/SketchBook3 folder to a desktop computer.

3. Confirm the the sketches are ok using SketchBook on a desktop computer

Download:

www.sketchbook.com/thankyou

Login with your email address to confirm Sketches are ok.

4.  On the Android device, create a new folder:

/SketchBackUp

5. Move ALL the sketches from /Autodesk/SketchBook3 to /SketchBackUp and DELETE /Autodesk/SketchBook3 folder.

6. Reset SketchBook

a.  SketchBook > {=} > Preferences > Factory Defaults (4 options) - Reset all 4 options.

b.   Settings > Application Manager > SketchBook (Delete Cache) - There are 2 Caches to reset.

7.  Open SketchBook and import 1 sketch and test.  Then import another Sketch and test.

Go to the heading:  How to import SketchBook files from an older version into the latest version SketchBook for Android 

https://www.sketchbook.com/help/knowledge-base/back-files-settings/

7. At some point, you can delete  /SketchBackUp because the files will be duplicated in /SketchBackUp (via import) and /Autodesk/SketchBook3 folder.

David Lau
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: david.lau

Thank you for the info, but is there a way I can open the gallery on my phone because it still crashes and doesn't save my current drawing.

Message 4 of 4
david.lau
in reply to: Anonymous

1. Delete App.

2. Delete /Autodesk/SketchBook3 folder

3. Re-download app and try to save/open files from Gallery.

David Lau

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report