SketchBook Forum
Hello Sketchbook Community Members! Sketchbook started a new exciting endeavor. This forum is now read-only mode. Please visit the new Sketchbook Help Center, https://help.sketchbook.com/ in the future. Happy sketching!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sketchbook Crashes constantly with Windows 10

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
1589 Views, 7 Replies

Sketchbook Crashes constantly with Windows 10

I used Sketchbook fine for about a week and then all of a sudden it started to crash constantly.  At first this was just when I went to save a file  - it would say "Autodesk SketchBook has experienced a problem and must close.  Please save your work".  Usually the file you were working on would reappear anyway when you reopened SketchBook but now it just closes with no warning whatsoever.   Has anyone else experienced this and what is the solution?  So far I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling SketchBook but this did nothing.  Any help much appreciated!

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
david.lau
in reply to: Anonymous

Can you try the 'desktop' version of SketchBook?

The download is here:  www.sketchbook.com/thankyou

David Lau
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

This just happened to me. I had executed several resizes and moves on a simple, single-layer document. I dropped the mouse about 1/8", which probably resulted in some kind of mouse input that I cannot determine. Sketchbook vanished without warning, leaving me looking at an empty desktop.

There are no other symptoms. The screen looks fine, Sketchbook performs -- but  this crazy unhandled exception is unacceptable.

I guess I'll have to find another program to draw with.

System: Windows 10 1903 on a Lenovo X61 tablet "penabled" by Wacom. 8G of ram.

Message 4 of 8
david.lau

Which version of SketchBook are you using?  I need to know the exact version....

http://help.autodesk.com/view/SKETPRO/ENU/?guid=SKETPRO_Help_sb_troubleshooting_version_autodesk_ske...

David Lau
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: david.lau

I'm having the same problem and I'm using the latest version on the app store

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

I didn't get crashes after updating to 8.7.1.0.  I suggest downloading the non-store, SketchBook_8.7.1.0_Win64.exe installer. There are differences in the environment the program sees that may result in different behavior.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

I’ll try that thanks so much
Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

Ty I’ll try this 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report