SketchBook Forum
Hello Sketchbook Community Members! Sketchbook started a new exciting endeavor. This forum is now read-only mode. Please visit the new Sketchbook Help Center, https://help.sketchbook.com/ in the future. Happy sketching!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sketchbook crashes after using the Transform Tool

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
873 Views, 6 Replies

Sketchbook crashes after using the Transform Tool

Hi,

My SketchBook app crashes almost every time I use the select tool, then the Transform tool. It's not every time, but about 9 times out of 10, if I don't save immediately after I do it, I lose my transformation. I use the select and transform tools a lot in my work, so this is a massive problem for me.

Is there any way to fix this? I'm using version 8.6.0 on a Lenovo MIIX 510, Intel i5 processor, 4GB RAM - just in case any of these were the problem. The problem only started when Sketchbook switched to Free - this crash didn't happen at all beforehand when I was on my free Pro trial.

Thanks for any help out there!

M~

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
david.lau
in reply to: Anonymous

Can you reset SketchBook to default?

https://www.sketchbook.com/help/knowledge-base/how-to-reset-preferences/

David Lau
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

I have the same problem. Just now I used the transform tool again and it not only crashed it deleted the transformed part of my painting. I am super pissed because I spent so much time on this piece. If this does not get solved I won't use sketchbook anymore. This happened to me way too many times. 

No matter how many times I install the program. I have tried absolutely everything. I am done!

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

The exact same happened to me, it froze when applying the transformation and crashed, when I re-opened the file, the whole sketch got deleted. I am using a Dell G3 and I don't have the Dell Backup Service installed.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

I am experiencing this problem, too. This particular bug is actually more frequent than I have experienced with any art software before. This should be a primary focus for Autodesk to improve their software performance. 8 out of 10 times after using the Transform tool on my PC the software stops working...

Message 6 of 7
david.lau

We have only tested SketchBook on Surface devices from Microsoft. 

http://help.autodesk.com/view/SKETPRO/ENU/?guid=SKETPRO_Help_sb_basics_tools_can_use_sketchbook_html

Although it should work, it may experience issues.  

I would try BOTH versions of SketchBook to see which one is more stable:

Desktop:  www.sketchbook.com/thankyou

Windows 10 Store:  www.sketchbook.com/window10 (Blue Button)

David Lau
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: david.lau

Hello,

Desktop PCs have been around decades longer than Surface. It is definitely a really good idea to test it out on PC desktop since most fellow artists I know also use PC. I have lost work twice now because of this issue and may end up quitting Sketchbook altogether for a more stable software. As a professional, it is not acceptable use a program that continually crashes causing loss of transformed imagery after using transform tool. I manipulate images very frequently.

It is pretty crappy when you are working really hard on a design and after transforming it software crashes. Then, after reopening the program, the transformed image is gone permanently. It has even happened as I was saving after the transform usage.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report