SketchBook Forum
Hello Sketchbook Community Members! Sketchbook started a new exciting endeavor. This forum is now read-only mode. Please visit the new Sketchbook Help Center, https://help.sketchbook.com/ in the future. Happy sketching!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sketchbook compared to Painter

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
1075 Views, 1 Reply

Sketchbook compared to Painter

I've seen some artwork done by both Sketchbook Pro, and Corel Painter, a $400 program.

And from what I've seen Sketchbook can produce pretty much anything Painter can.

I don't know the differences. But I think Sketchbook is a better value.

Plus someone mentioned that Painter makes you keep your firewall open, so that they can peek in from time to time, even when the program isn't running.

Has anyone here used both of them? Painter is geared more towards professionals, and is probably more difficult to learn.

I did find a free brush set of fur for Sketchbook, so I am very happy.

Just need to wait for my peripherals so I can use my Wacom Cintiq Pro 16 tablet. I've been wanting to do more sketching than painting anyway.

I'd like to hear anyone's experience with painting in Sketchbook as well. Like how well do the paints mix, and can you do acrylic and oils?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
david.lau
in reply to: Anonymous

For internet traffic...

1. Login to access Pro mode.  After that, it doesn't check again.

2. Approve Collection of Data (tool use) via Help > About SketchBook.

I think with the free brush sets has been a key advantage to other sketching products on the market.

David Lau

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report