SketchBook Forum
Hello Sketchbook Community Members! Sketchbook started a new exciting endeavor. This forum is now read-only mode. Please visit the new Sketchbook Help Center, https://help.sketchbook.com/ in the future. Happy sketching!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

retrieve older version of a save file?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
2497 Views, 6 Replies

retrieve older version of a save file?

I had drawn out an entire figure, zoomed in on the legs to get better detail, got tired so I saved and went to bed. tried to reopen the file but it had cut the rest of the layer out. now I only have the legs in-tact. is there any way to retrieve an older version of the same save file? im desperate

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
david.lau
in reply to: Anonymous

I am afraid to tell you that the sketch maybe gone....

David Lau
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: david.lau

I am having a similar issue.

After saving last night, when I re-opened the file today, all the layers are enlarged and cropped off, there is not a single original intact layer file.

This IS NOT A USER ISSUE!

This is a serious program issue. I don't trust the program anymore if it is going to ruin my saved work.

As i said to tech support, who sent me to read the forum about "saving" my files, 

IT DOES NOT MATTER how many "backup" files I have, if they corrupt the file on save and re-open.

Please help resolve this issue, so I can have confidence in your program.

I have attached two images,

1.the first of the file before save last night will all layers full size and intact,

2.the second after opening today images lost on unexpected zoom and crop during save or re-open.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: david.lau

David? Are you from Autodesk? How unfair to just say "to bad" and not help a client who is reaching out for help!

Please tell users WHY this is HAPPENING and what Autodesk will do to prevent it from happening again!!!

Message 5 of 7
david.lau

I have sent you a direct email.  I would like to setup a remote desktop session with you. We will be using this app....

www.autodesk.com/connect

Just trying to co-ordinate time with you....

David Lau
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

David,

I appreciate you reaching out to me to offer to help resolve this issue via remote desktop session.

Help is what I need!!!

The reason we use the Forum is so others can see the solutions to common issues, and to stop the run-around.

Message 7 of 7
david.lau

1. Use the “Save As Option” to save files.  It would auto-save a file and add a number to the end of it.  i.e. File > Save As > Test.tif > Save As > Test2.tif > Save As > Test3.tif.  It will auto-number it.

1. Always start at a larger canvas and crop out at the LAST step.  See ways to lock down a file size with resolution here:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/sketchbook-forum/sketchbook-windows-10-on-tablet-canvas-resolution-wo...

1. Save to .PSD as the LAST step.  Tif is always going to be better.

1. Try saving out a simple file and test out a couple of layers.  This can determine if there is an issue with SketchBook.

1. Save the file to a complete new location and folder.  It can determine if there is a problem with the hard drive and/or a corrupt sector on it.

1. Reset settings in SketchBook.  i.e. Edit > Preferences > Factory Defaults (Reset everything there….)

David Lau

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report