SketchBook Forum
Hello Sketchbook Community Members! Sketchbook started a new exciting endeavor. This forum is now read-only mode. Please visit the new Sketchbook Help Center, https://help.sketchbook.com/ in the future. Happy sketching!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relentless Crashing

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1731 Views, 6 Replies

Relentless Crashing

Hello!

I am using Sketchbook Pro 5.0.2.0 on my Lenovo 2-in-1 in Window's 10 (ideapad FLEX 5-1470. Intel Core 17-8550U CPU @ 2.0GHz 8 GB of RAM)

Sometimes I can work uninterrupted for an hour.

Most often the program crashes after it has been minimized and then re-opened.

The program crashes sometimes when I try to import images by clicking the import icon, going to select an image, and at that moment, or shortly after importing the image. The exact timing of the crash seems to vary.

Sometimes the program crashes with no obvious input.

Troubleshooting attempts made:

Restarting my laptop (no change)

Uninstalling, including temporary files, and reinstalling, plus restarts (no change)

Installing Bluestacks and attempting to run 4.1.14 through an Android emulator (program is unusable/I am not smart enough to see it functional. This is not the solution.)

Any tips are greatly appreciated, thank you. 

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
patrick.muenster
in reply to: Anonymous

The Sketchbook App for Windows 10 (Sketchbook Pro 5.0.2.0) is very unstable at the moment?
That is my experience too. So I would suggest to switch so another software until they fixed it.

E.g. Sketchbook Pro Desktop, Krita, Clip Studio Paint

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: patrick.muenster

Thanks for responding Patrick, Sketchbook Pro for Desktop has solved each of these problems. I was being led by the nose towards the 5.0.2.0 app by Windows 10, over and over, and by luck I installed the desktop version. It is a beautiful piece of software, which I would highly recommend. 

Message 4 of 7
patrick.muenster

I'm happy that you can work with the desktop version now and I also hope, that they are going to fix this soon.
Cause I love touch devices and touch support on the desktop version isn't very good.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: patrick.muenster

Ios 13

move layers crash

share image-shifts to new image in gallery-freeze-crash

freeze crash no reason ,crash

no updates been crashing 4 weeks

any help??

Message 6 of 7
david.lau

@Anonymous 

Try to reset SketchBook.  Settings > Scroll down to SketchBook > Toggle on "Restore Settings".

Do not delete app, if you delete app, you will delete your sketches.  I would try to save them via iCloud.

http://help.autodesk.com/view/SKETPRO/ENU/?guid=SKETPRO_Help_sb_file_saving_use_icloud_html

David Lau
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: david.lau

Lately on the Windows 10 version (5.1.0) I have also had the same issue. I did reset the program but Sketchbook for no apparent reason just shuts down while I am working.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report