SketchBook Forum
Hello Sketchbook Community Members! Sketchbook started a new exciting endeavor. This forum is now read-only mode. Please visit the new Sketchbook Help Center, https://help.sketchbook.com/ in the future. Happy sketching!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random layers on Sketchbook mobile went missing?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
613 Views, 2 Replies

Random layers on Sketchbook mobile went missing?

I have the latest version of AutoDesk mobile for android. Occasionally when I log off and come back to the app, several random layers of my art goes completely missing. Any explanation for this? I also always make sure to save the art I work on. I've already checked the transparency of the missing layers and they are completely visible; it's just that the art on those layers is completely absent. I even checked the trash and couldn't find any of the art that I lost. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
david.lau
in reply to: Anonymous

Once the file is saved and re-opened from the gallery, the layers can't be recovered again.

IMPORTANT: To save a copy or version a file so you don't lose progress on the Mobile platform:

a. Start Sketch
b. Go to Gallery and start a new Sketch, It will ask you to save the file.
c. Go to the Gallery and start a new Sketch again and it will ask you to save the file.
d. Open the first Sketch and work on it.
e. Go to Gallery and start new sketch and choose the "Save as a Copy" option.

David Lau
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Are there any plans to stabilize the app? I've been seeing the same response to an obviously reoccurring problem since a few years back in the forum search.

I like sketchbook for simple tasks (sketch and ink) but have move on to more stable programs to do finish work as I am no longer willing to risk losing hours of work to the whims of the app.

This goes for both random layers being deleted and entire drawing files becoming inaccessible.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report