SketchBook Forum
Hello Sketchbook Community Members! Sketchbook started a new exciting endeavor. This forum is now read-only mode. Please visit the new Sketchbook Help Center, https://help.sketchbook.com/ in the future. Happy sketching!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question: How do I open PSDs in Sketchbook Mobile?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
8511 Views, 6 Replies

Question: How do I open PSDs in Sketchbook Mobile?

This is very frustrating,  I am trying to save my working files as PSDs to my SD card; as I don't have adequate space on my tablet to work strictly out of the Gallery, and I cannot move the Gallery to my SD card where documents  belong after all. Because your app will only open tiff files in the original gallery folder. Which is ridiculous.  

My problem is your mobile app throws an error when I try to open psd files created with the mobile app. So please tell me how I can open the PSD files your program creates? Please don't tell me that not possible, I mean really why would you have an option to save to a format you just can't open!! After all that would be Ridiculous no?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
david.lau
in reply to: Anonymous

The answer is yes. 

https://autode.sk/2Vzf9dA

David Lau
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: david.lau

Your Answer seems to indicate that Sketchbook Mobile for IOS has this Function.

I guess I should have been more clear, in that I am on a Samsung Tablet; and it seems to pretty clearly not available for Android; unless there is some hidden menu, icon something I am missing.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

When you add an image from the gallery, a psd or tiff will open up with layers. Hope that helps!

Message 5 of 7
ebpavan

I also have a Samsung Tablet, and was also trying to find a way out. Yes, it is very well hidden, but it is perfectly possible to import the same psd exported from Sketchbook (and also psd from others than sketchbook), like this:

Menu > Gallery > + > New From Image > MyFiles

then, navigate to the folder where your psd are (even those on the sd card), select one and press "DONE".

Sketchbook will import them like a charm, with all layers etc... And now you can reset your Samsung Tablet to factory defaults in the peace of God, and you won´t loose your Sketchbook works, and better yet, gaining interoperability with other software like photoshop or gimp.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: ebpavan

I have tried exaclty that process but although sketchbook sees the psd file I am trying to open, when I try to open it, I get the error 'oops Failed to open the image'. So it would appear not to be compatible with psd files?

Message 7 of 7
ebpavan

Hi Jeff!

@Anonymous wrote:

So it would appear not to be compatible with psd files?

Well, I don't think so. As I said, everything went well for me. Maybe specifically with this file of yours? Or maybe with the version of your S Note application ...? Maybe you should try the whole stream again with a new file, created natively in your S Note application.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report