SketchBook Forum
Hello Sketchbook Community Members! Sketchbook started a new exciting endeavor. This forum is now read-only mode. Please visit the new Sketchbook Help Center, https://help.sketchbook.com/ in the future. Happy sketching!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preserving brush size when zooming

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
485 Views, 3 Replies

Preserving brush size when zooming

Hi

I am using sketchbook in aSamsung Note 9 with an S pen. Is there a setting where the brush doesn't scale up relative to the zoom level of the canvas when the canvas is zoomed?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
david.lau
in reply to: Anonymous

When you scale, you are only scaling the canvas.  It will not scale the brush.  I would open up the Double Puck and scale the brush that way.

http://help.autodesk.com/view/SKETPRO/ENU/?guid=SKETPRO_Help_sb_brushes_use_brush_puck_html

David Lau
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: david.lau

Thanks David. But in my app the brush does scale with the canvas. Maybe I wasn't clear so I will try to explain with an example. Lets say I draw a line, then scale the canvas and draw another line. Now both these likes have the same thickness. This is because brush size didn't remain static and scaled with the canvas. Several weeks ago I was able to scale the canvas without impacting the brushsize. For some reason that no longer works and I am no longer able to find any setting to do that if there is any.

Message 4 of 4
david.lau
in reply to: Anonymous

When I used the Library > Basic > Pencil > I was able to change the brush size by adding more pressure when drawing.  I am curious if that is what you did.   

When I used the Draw Styles to draw a straight line, you are correct that zooming in or out will result in the same line width regardless of zoom level.

David Lau

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report