SketchBook Forum
Hello Sketchbook Community Members! Sketchbook started a new exciting endeavor. This forum is now read-only mode. Please visit the new Sketchbook Help Center, https://help.sketchbook.com/ in the future. Happy sketching!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photoshop and Sketchbook interoperability

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Intuos5
493 Views, 2 Replies

Photoshop and Sketchbook interoperability

I am wondering about what are the best practices when working with both programs on the same file? I've seen people saving out images and transfer those between both programs, however doing so loses the advantage of layers. When I tried opening PSDs from Photoshop that contain images from my harddrive, they will show up in a green/purple tint with horizontal lines all over the place in Sketchbook. What am I missing here?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
patrick.muenster
in reply to: Intuos5

That should not happen.
I have two ideas:

1. Create the PSD with Sketchbook.
  2. Depending on how you import images in Photoshop, Photoshop might create a smartobject. This objects are not available in Sketchbook. So make sure, that you import it as Pixels and raster all layers.

If you want you can upload a file to have a closer look at your problem.

Message 3 of 3
Intuos5
in reply to: patrick.muenster

I’ll have a look into this next week, the smart objects sound to me like a plausible cause. When any further issues do happen to arise, I will be sure to report back. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report