Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
SketchBook Forum
Hello Sketchbook Community Members! Sketchbook started a new exciting endeavor. This forum is now read-only mode. Please visit the new Sketchbook Help Center, https://help.sketchbook.com/ in the future. Happy sketching!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pen tools not working

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
9044 Views, 3 Replies

Pen tools not working

Every time I try to draw something with any of my tools, they all act like erasers. It's extremely frustrating. I have to shut it and reopen the program and even then it only functions the way its supposed to for a few seconds before it suddenly goes into eraser mode with seemingly no way to reverse it. I'd like to keep using this program as I'm familiar with it but if this problem continues I'll have to resort to another program. 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
david.lau
in reply to: Anonymous

Can you go here:

SketchBook > [=] > Preferences > Uncheck Tap-hold  to Color Picker

You can also reset SketchBook to default via Preferences > Factory Defaults.

David Lau
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: david.lau

I have this exact same problem. When I use the mouse to move around the canvas, it seems to recognize the correct brush that is selected and shows it in the 'Current Tool' in the Lagoon. The second I use the digital pen of my drawing tablet, it seems to suddenly switch to the 'Hard Eraser' as the 'Current Tool'. I'm not sure what the problem is. I have done a clean install of Sketchbook Pro three times now (deleting the Program folders and the registry keys) and it still keeps happening. It started suddenly and I'm not sure what caused it. My graphics tablet works perfectly fine with Photoshop and other drawing programs, and this problem seems to be only in Sketchbook. 

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! 

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi, 

I'm happy that I finally figured it out. So, here it goes. Even though the drawing tablet pen was working fine with other painting programs, other than Sketchbook, I went ahead and uninstalled the driver software and reinstalled it again, and rebooted the computer a few times to make sure that it forgot the device completely. Then, I reinstalled the drivers again and rebooted again and this time, the problem got fixed. So, yay! 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report