SketchBook Forum
Hello Sketchbook Community Members! Sketchbook started a new exciting endeavor. This forum is now read-only mode. Please visit the new Sketchbook Help Center, https://help.sketchbook.com/ in the future. Happy sketching!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oops failed to open image error

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1261 Views, 3 Replies

Oops failed to open image error

I've been drawing all day and minimized one sketch to reference another then when I went back to the original it gave me that message. I didn't move anything to a new file, I didn't even exist the app. When in gallery it still shows my work, but then closer it only has the top 6th of it. I really don't want to restart it, please tell me there is some way to fix it.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
david.lau
in reply to: Anonymous

You have lost your progress.  I would start doing this so you don't lose your work:

IMPORTANT: To save a copy or version a file so you don't lose progress on the Mobile platform:

a. Start Sketch
b. Go to Gallery and start a new Sketch, It will ask you to save the file.
c. Go to the Gallery and start a new Sketch again and it will ask you to save the file.
d. Open the first Sketch and work on it.
e. Go to Gallery and start new sketch and choose the "Save as a Copy" option.

David Lau
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: david.lau

That is ridiculous!

One should not have to do all that!

Fix your software

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: david.lau

I'm used to proper process to save my sketches, but since there are more and more sketches in my Gallery I decided to organize my Gallery a bit. So I created other folders and moved some sketches from "My sketches to other folder(s).

I do not know if that is consequence of that or something else, but lately on most of my sketches I'v got message "Oops Failed to open image". I have to point out that all my sketches I saved, closed and edited many times and this message didn't show up anytime. I checked all my sketches, and I can open only last two of all my sketches! Please hlep! I always saved my files. This is something else!

Tags (4)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report