SketchBook Forum
Hello Sketchbook Community Members! Sketchbook started a new exciting endeavor. This forum is now read-only mode. Please visit the new Sketchbook Help Center, https://help.sketchbook.com/ in the future. Happy sketching!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nothing draws or displays.

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
tullCDMKB
205 Views, 1 Reply

Nothing draws or displays.

This happened a couple of weeks ago, I solved the problem, now it's happened again.  It was tedious then, now I'm contemplating chewing my leg off.

A while back, I opened sketchbook one morning to find nothing would draw, but if I touched the eraser to the page the drawing appeared.  Then if I touched the pen to the drawing the eraser touches appeared.  Great fun, but not very productive.

I uninstalled EVERYTHING, spent a couple of hours putting everything back on, setting up the wacom etc, all ok.

A week later a Windows update completely screwed the pen tracking, there was no way around this but completely uninstall EVERYTHING and spend more time putting it all back together.

Today, I I've opened Sketchbook to find nothing draws, nothing erases, no previously created files even display, just a completely blank white canvas no matter what I do.  2 days ago there was another windows update, I suspect once again a tiny little settings somewhere has been over looked and I'm going to have to completely reinstall everything once again.  I should state everything else in the system accepts pen touch and other drawing programs display, so I'm not going to start blaming the wacom hardware or drivers, that wouldn't make sense.

Just a little for specs, the PC is an Intel Flagship, enough M2 drive space to go orbital, enough memory to boil hippos, 2x GTX2080, etc.  Tablet (screen) is the Wacom 24Pro mutiltouch.  Everything is 100% updated.

1.  Why does sketchbook die everytime Windows updates?  What's going on?

2.  Can someone please give me some idea how to fix this?  I cannot continue spending all my time reinstalling software when I should be doing other things, it's not practical.  I love Sketchbook, but I can't put up with this.

Any help, ideas, plans for space stations, lemon cake recipes, multidimensional spectral magic eye pictures, would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
david.lau
in reply to: tullCDMKB

Based off your description, I suspect that the issue is graphics related.  I would try to install SketchBook on a different Windows computer with a different graphics card.

David Lau

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report