SketchBook Forum
Hello Sketchbook Community Members! Sketchbook started a new exciting endeavor. This forum is now read-only mode. Please visit the new Sketchbook Help Center, https://help.sketchbook.com/ in the future. Happy sketching!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no "tap for color picker" on Windows 10 / surface pro

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
359 Views, 2 Replies

no "tap for color picker" on Windows 10 / surface pro

Hi,

I just got a brand new surface pro 6 and installed the Sketchbook app for Windows 10. But no matter what I do I can't get the "tap and hold to get the color picker" function to work. I'm not 100% sure, as far as I can recall it was there when I just installed the app. However it's gone now. Did uninstall / install again, tweaked settings, factory reset multiple times, no luck

Also I don't even have the option in the preferences to select that function. The preferences in the Windows 10 app (1.8.5) give me only 5 options in total.

Is there anything I can do to get the tap and hold for color picker function back?

thank you in advance

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
david.lau
in reply to: Anonymous

Can you try the desktop version of SketchBook?  Also, you can try to reset it via {=] > Preferences.  A delete and reinstall of it should have solved the issue.  You can also use the letter i as the short cut to get the color picker.

https://www.sketchbook.com/help/knowledge-base/hotkey-shortcuts/

Desktop
www.sketchbook.com/thankyou

Mobile
www.sketchbook.com/mobile (Scroll down)

Windows 10 (Tablet)
www.sketchbook.com/windows10 (blue button)

David Lau
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: david.lau

Hi David,

thanks for your response. I did try the desktop version as well. Same problem. That makes me think it might be a setting on the surface itself, but I can't seem to find it. 

Also did reset a couple of times as well as uninstall / install. Still can't get the tap for color picker behavior. Is there anything else you can think of that might cause that issue?

I want to use the surface to paint without a keyboard and using the color picker "on the fly" is basically the only thing I need.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report