SketchBook Forum
Hello Sketchbook Community Members! Sketchbook started a new exciting endeavor. This forum is now read-only mode. Please visit the new Sketchbook Help Center, https://help.sketchbook.com/ in the future. Happy sketching!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Layer Grouping in Windows 10?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1304 Views, 3 Replies

No Layer Grouping in Windows 10?

Hi everyone, anyone, whomever.

So I've been enjoying the full version of SketchBook for several months now. It has been an easy program to learn with its clean interface. I just recently found out you can do transparent backgrounds and I'm still learning more each day. However, I started to notice the layers in my projects were getting out of hand, causing placement inaccuracy when moving layers. I thought to myself, "I'll just group up my layers, that'll fix it."

Unfortunately, I couldn't find the button for it, and with a little research, I came across this:

https://www.sketchbook.com/help/knowledge-base/how-group-layers/

Grouping layers in SketchBook for Windows 10

Autodesk SketchBook for Windows 10 doesn’t have layer grouping. 

. . . Why? Why doesn't the Windows 10 version of SketchBook have layer grouping? How does the Macintosh version of SketchBook have this but not it's Window's counterpart? My Microsoft Surface Pro 4 came default with a version of SketchBook. That's how I learned about this program. But for some reason, the Windows version is behind par. It's not like the Windows 10 version just came out. Explain to me what the heck kept this feature from making it to the Windows 10 version.

More important to me than the "Why" is the "When." When can I expect an update including layer grouping in SketchBook for Windows 10? Or is it something completely incompatible across Microsoft devices? Sorry about ranting, I know I'm not paying Adobe prices, just kinda frustrated I have to move dozens of precisely placed layers one at a time. 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
david.lau
in reply to: Anonymous

You have a subscription but it was bought through the Windows Store.  You can still need to install and run the desktop version of SketchBook.

Desktop

www.sketchbook.com/thankyou

Mobile

www.sketchbook.com/ios

www.sketchbook.com/android

www.sketchbook.com/motion

David Lau
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: david.lau

Thanks for the clarity. I think you may have provided the wrong link for the Desktop download. The URL says "Sketchbooik" instead of Sketchbook. . . Anyways, thanks again, I will find the correct version to download and hopefully keep all my save files. 🙂

Message 4 of 4
david.lau
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks! I have fixed the URL's.

David Lau

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report