SketchBook Forum
Hello Sketchbook Community Members! Sketchbook started a new exciting endeavor. This forum is now read-only mode. Please visit the new Sketchbook Help Center, https://help.sketchbook.com/ in the future. Happy sketching!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lag before slider buttons, color editor and color puck rings moves, using stylus

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
439 Views, 3 Replies

Lag before slider buttons, color editor and color puck rings moves, using stylus

I am using a brand new laptop with Microsoft Windows 10 Home Edition Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362 running Sketchbook version 8.7.1 - 2019 11 12 13 11 (Build 4afe8bafe3). Using new Wacom Intuos Pro with Wacom Pen 2 stylus. Latest Wacom drivers installed. Windows 10 completely up to date.

THE ISSUE/PROBLEM:

When I try to move any settings slider button with my stylus (e.g. settings in brush settings or say HSL or RGB settings in colour editor) there is a delay/lag of about 30 pixels or more before the button starts to move along the slider. The worst is the colour puck and colour editor ring buttons that control hue, saturation and luminance. If I try to move those with my stylus (the ring button in the circle and the ring button in the saturation/luminance square) there is a significant delay/lag (again 30 pixels or more) before the rings become "unstuck" and move. If I use a mouse with left click to try moving any settings slider button or any of the rings on the colour editor or puck interface then they move immediately and smoothly with no initial lag of any kind! Using my stylus on all other areas of the program has instant results. If I use my stylus in other graphics programs to move slider buttons they move immediately. So the problem is not with my Wacom stylus or the Wacom drivers. 

PLEASE can you help me sort this matter out as it is EXTREMELY difficult to try choosing colours in the colour editor or the colour puck. In fact it is just about impossible to use the colour puck. 

IF necessary I can create a screen video of the problem if my explanation is not clear. Just let me know if you need one

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
david.lau
in reply to: Anonymous

Can you try to reset the Wacom settings?

http://help.autodesk.com/view/SKETPRO/ENU/?guid=SKETPRO_Help_sb_basics_wacom_stylus_issues_html

Can you make a video with you phone and upload it to dropbox/google drive so I can check out the issue?

David Lau
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: david.lau

Hi David. I reset Wacom settings and the problem does not go away. Funny enough I found if I double the setting button or colour rings they move without a lag. I am going to make a screen video and will upload as an attachment here for you to view. Sorry for the delay...I have been ill.

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: david.lau

Hi David. I have made a video of the issue with my phone and dropped the video in a Google Drive folder for you to view. Here is the link to the Google Drive Folder:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1MNYS3WUjou_OnoSP3B6k2nLfFnI73Bb3

The video is called "Lag when using Wacom stylus". The video clearly shows the issue. Please can you get back to me with how to fix. Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report