SketchBook Forum
Hello Sketchbook Community Members! Sketchbook started a new exciting endeavor. This forum is now read-only mode. Please visit the new Sketchbook Help Center, https://help.sketchbook.com/ in the future. Happy sketching!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with the "glow" blending mode on an Android device

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
319 Views, 1 Reply

Issues with the "glow" blending mode on an Android device

Hello. I'm having issues with the "glow" blending mode. The layers set to "glow" simply do not show up in the final document. When the file is opened everything is all right (1st and 2nd pictures. You can see the yellowish lights on the trousers and the guy's face), however, as soon as I close the file and return to gallery, the "glow" layers act strangely. On the trousers, the light does not show up at all, and it looks completely different from what it's supposed to on the guy's face (4th picture, circled in black). When set to a different blending mode, the final document does show up those layers (but I want to refrain to changing the mode for the final drawing since it would change the appearance of the picture drastically). No such problem was noticed while working on the drawing. Also, nothing similar occurs on different pictures for some reason. Sorry for the long post, I just tried to explain everything in detail. I'd really appreciate it if anyone would give me an advice. Thank you in advance :")

Screenshot_20210414-212427_Autodesk SketchBook.jpgScreenshot_20210414-213128_Autodesk SketchBook.jpg20210414_214840.jpg

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
david.lau
in reply to: Anonymous

That is a really nice sketch!!!  I would backup the sketch to a computer.  All the .tiff files are located in the /Autodesk/SketchBook3 folder.  

Once it has been copied over, you can used the desktop version of SketchBook to check things out to make sure that the glows are done correctly.

https://www.autodesk.com/products/sketchbook/free-download

The Gallery in SketchBook is a preview so not all the detail will be in there.  Also, I would save versions of the file so you don't 'edit' the one you like too much.

The basic workflow is:

a. Start a sketch.

b. Start a new sketch and save the sketch that you are working on.

c. Go back to the original sketch (in step a) via the Gallery.

d. Work on sketch (in step a) and then start a new sketch. At this point, you can 'Save a Copy" of your work.

David Lau

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report