SketchBook Forum
Hello Sketchbook Community Members! Sketchbook started a new exciting endeavor. This forum is now read-only mode. Please visit the new Sketchbook Help Center, https://help.sketchbook.com/ in the future. Happy sketching!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS Sketchbook Pro Steady Stroke

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
4194 Views, 8 Replies

iOS Sketchbook Pro Steady Stroke

Will Sketchbook add steady stroke to the iOS version of Sketchbook Pro? I've switched to the iPad Pro for sketching and really miss steady stroke on the format. For now, I have to use my PC to clean-up drawings with steady stroke. Please please please add!

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
david.lau
in reply to: Anonymous

We have predictive stroke but not steady stroke.  I will log it in our SUGGESTION tracker shortly.  The icon in the tool bar looks like a stylized "S".

David Lau
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: david.lau

Right, but steady stroke acts much differently than predictive stroke. I
like the fact the steady stroke line follows as you draw, that way your
lines can very clean and exact without the guesswork of predictive stroke.

Thanks,
Dan
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

Yes, Please have steady stroke added to ios Sketchbook. I just bought the iPad pro, and am disappointed to see that it doesn't have steady stroke. I am a frequent user of the mac version and it is my go-to tool, as it assists with smooth lines without giving up control. Predictive stroke is useful but not when I need accuracy - too much guesswork. 

Thank you,

Jon

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

Oh my gosh! Why isn't this in the IOS version? I specifically bought an iPad Pro to use sketchbook pro on the go and I'm disappointed that this key feature isn't in this app already.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

I guess they will add the stroke but you won't get the same exprience. There will be some changes in the way of exprience.

With Regards,

Vurku

Message 7 of 9
adamkarl13

It makes no sense that steady stoke is not included on the iOS software and predictive stoke is not a substitute; they are completely different user experiences.

Can someone from AutoDesk confirm this and acknowledge there will be an effort to release the steady stroke feature in a future product update?

You've already developed the code, just implement it into the iOS software. I'm sure there are thousands of designers that are frustrated by the illogical nature of this circumstance. 

Message 8 of 9
jaymuffinz
in reply to: adamkarl13

Almost 2 years later and this still hasn’t been done. 😡

Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

so we are now over two years later and it is still not available... (when) is this happening ???

as mentioned by others the "steady stroke" is very helpful and usefull tool, and is totally different from the 'predictive' stroke tool  (which  output is somewhat random most of the time)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report