SketchBook Forum
Hello Sketchbook Community Members! Sketchbook started a new exciting endeavor. This forum is now read-only mode. Please visit the new Sketchbook Help Center, https://help.sketchbook.com/ in the future. Happy sketching!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation of Sketchbook v.8.7.1.0 (Win64) fail for Win 7 SP1

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1204 Views, 2 Replies

Installation of Sketchbook v.8.7.1.0 (Win64) fail for Win 7 SP1

When I try to install the downloaded file of Sketchbook v.8.7.1.0 (Win64), the Windows installer would start and then directly interrupts and fails to install sketchbook v8.7.  The error message is "Installation was interrupted..." and some fatal error message without error code. I am using a Windows 7-64bit system, for sure (Win 7 Enterprise, V6.1, SP1, all updates installed, Build 7601). My system fulfills the requirements. 

I tried the following without any success:

- run as administrator

- turn off all firewalls completely and also anti-virus programs (avira)

- use something suggested earlier in this forum for windows 8 problems: using the program "EMET" with "recommended" options, see here: 

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/sketchbook-forum/sketchbook-8-7-1-0-installer-fails-on-windows-8-1/m-...

- several restarts of Win 7

- removed everything related to Autodesk (did not find anything related, as I never had any Autodesk software)

Could anybody help me with this, please? I would really appreciate any help. 

Thanks,

Oliver

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
david.lau
in reply to: Anonymous

I would try a full Windows update, reboot, and run the update again.

Typically, this is a hard error to fix.  Install errors typically mean that also other software may not install on your computer.

I am sorry to tell you that the easiest way to solve this issue is to reinstall Windows.

David Lau
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: david.lau

I already guessed that this is a hard error to fix. Actually, I can install all other kinds of Softwares (standard software and many special technical programs as well — that's why I'm still running the Win7). It was the first time that I received such an error message for any installation.  

I assume it's time to update to Win 10... 

Thanks David.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report