SketchBook Forum
Hello Sketchbook Community Members! Sketchbook started a new exciting endeavor. This forum is now read-only mode. Please visit the new Sketchbook Help Center, https://help.sketchbook.com/ in the future. Happy sketching!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you close Sketchbook on an android phone

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
4620 Views, 4 Replies

How do you close Sketchbook on an android phone

I have used Sketchbook on Samsung Note 2, Note 3, Note Pro tablet, and Microsoft Surface for several years but I have hit a stupid problem on my new Note 8 phone. I downloaded sketchbook and I can create new sketches and save them - but I can't close Sketchbook down! I have tried all the methods on previous versions but the only way to get rid of it is to restart the phone. It is version 5.0.1

I'm sure I have missed something obvious but it is driving me crazy so a nudge in the right direction would be appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
david.lau
in reply to: Anonymous

Depending on the Android version, you can close an app 'swiping'.

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/close-android-apps,news-21281.html

David Lau
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: david.lau

Thank you, that does work though it seems rather inelegant. At least I can now get on with using the Note as a pocket quick sketch tool so thanks again
Peter
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

I have now found another way to close the program, if you swipe up from the bottom of the screen then the standard phone control bar appears BRIEFLY. If you are quick enough to tap the 'back' symbol then the usual exit text box appears and you can Save and Exit or just Exit.

This is obviously the intended way to gracefully close Sketchbook and I hope this update may help others.

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

This works but I don't want to keep an app where I have to access a forum to find out how to close it. Life is too short.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report