SketchBook Forum
Hello Sketchbook Community Members! Sketchbook started a new exciting endeavor. This forum is now read-only mode. Please visit the new Sketchbook Help Center, https://help.sketchbook.com/ in the future. Happy sketching!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get rid of this Blob?

19 REPLIES 19
Message 1 of 20
Anonymous
1399 Views, 19 Replies

How can I get rid of this Blob?

So I opened up sketchbook today and saw this *insert video here* How can I get rid of this blob? Like...I can't SEE what I'm drawing. This is so stupid it has to be a glitch from the update...RIGHT??? Kinda sucks cause the update was pretty cool. I can't use this program anymore if this blob doesn't go though. 

I work on a surface book 2. I tried messing with the preferences/app settings and there's nothing to change it.reeeee2.JPGreeeeee.JPGreeeeeeeeeeee.JPG

19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20
david.lau
in reply to: Anonymous

We need to know the EXACT model of your Surface Pro 2 and the system specs (RAM/Video Card).

David Lau
Message 3 of 20
Anonymous
in reply to: david.lau

It's a surface book 2, not a pro.

The model: Surface Book i5 Model 1832

System Specs....Not sure...I'm not that good at this stuff here's a screenshot.

Capture.JPG

Message 4 of 20
david.lau

Does this happen with all brushes?

Can you export and .zip one of the brushes and send it to us?

Can you try to reset SketchBook to default?  [=] > Preferences > Factory Default

David Lau
Message 5 of 20
Anonymous

Yeah it's every brush.

I reset it but it's still showing the blob for every bursh.

I'm not really sure what you mean by exporting and zipping but I think I got it right? The file will be connected to this.

Message 6 of 20
Anonymous

I'm having the same issue, maybe it's some sort of glitch from the recent update?

Message 7 of 20
david.lau

@Anonymous Are you on a Surfacebook 2 as well.

@Anonymous  Thanks for the .zip file.  It helped.  I am trying to ascertain if it's a device specific issue.  I am not getting this on SurfaceBook 1 and older Surface Pro's.  i.e. 3/4

David Lau
Message 8 of 20
david.lau

Go to Control Panel > Search for "Nvidia".  Change graphics settings to always use High Performance Graphics.

David Lau
Message 9 of 20
Anonymous

they added a handy cursor for you! you're supposed to love it! (i stopped using the sketchbook app because they refuse to allow me to remove the cursor... 'free' sketchbook, ugh. i bought a physical dvd of sketchbook for windows a couple years ago, never getting rid of THAT gem!

Message 10 of 20
Anonymous

The Nvidia thing doesn't exist on my computer. But I messed with the system graphics for the sketchbook app (set it to high) and it's still doing the blob thing. It actually glitched out/crashed a few times while opening the file....is that gonna be an issue from now on too?

Message 11 of 20
david.lau

I have been working with a developer and I can see the issue now.  Can you try using the "Pencil"?  it is the first 'brush'.  It should not happen on that one.  Paintbrush will have the blob.  To confirm the brush, just hover over it to get the name.

David Lau
Message 12 of 20
Anonymous

I have a wacom mobilestudio tablet.
Message 13 of 20
Anonymous

I can't use the pencil for inking...the lines aren't bold enough. It's doing the same thing as the other brushes it's just too small to noticed as much as the others. Which is also a problem cause it's too small to ink with. I do my lines very thick so I keep a big size, that's why I'm having this issue in the first place. The brush I'm trying to use is the inking pen. Also the program crashed twice while looking for the brush name. Dunno what's that about, it wasn't happening yesterday.

I'm sorry if I sound a little passive aggressive but I do this as my job. I want to get this situated with else I'm gonna go to another program cause I can't wait for another update to finish a commission. I was a paying customer before sketchbook went free so it's not like I hate the app. I think it's really good and the new perspective tools are really cool, it's just unusable at the moment.

Message 14 of 20
david.lau

The only option is to use the desktop version of SketchBook.  It has options to turn off Brush Preview.  The version also has a lot more options than the Windows Store version of SketchBook.

David Lau
Message 15 of 20
david.lau

The only option is to use the desktop version of SketchBook.  It has options to turn off Brush Preview.  The version also has a lot more options than the Windows Store version of SketchBook.

David Lau
Message 16 of 20
Anonymous

Where do I install the desktop version? Or how do I get it?
Message 17 of 20
Anonymous

Hi David,

I agree with the original poster in that this makes inking virtually impossible - you simply cannot see where the existing linework is.

The desktop version does not to the best of my knowledge have pen mode, and this makes it very difficult to use for drawing on a touchscreen because of the lack of palm rejection.

What I've observed is that in the Windows store version all brushes have a preview under the cursor, and variable width brushes show the maximum possible size, which can be huge compared to the linework beneath.

I'd encourage your dev team to add the option to turn this off into the Windows store version, as the other updates like the perspective guides look amazing, but this one change has rendered the software unfit for purpose.

This has caused a real problem for me too, as I also have previously bought Sketchbook on a couple of different platforms, and this update has severely impacted my ability to do my day job.

Surface Pro 3, Win 10

Message 18 of 20
david.lau

We are aware if the issue and we are working on a fix.   Interim, you can turn off off touch if you use the "DESKTOP" version of SketchBook.  You need to use a space bar to navigate the canvas.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/4028019/windows-enable-and-disable-your-touchscreen-in-wind...

I have used this workflow before and it's pretty good. No need to reboot computer to turn on/off touch.

David Lau
Message 19 of 20
Anonymous

Hi David, 

Thanks for the update. 

Is there any timeline on when this fix will be rolled out?

Message 20 of 20
david.lau

We have just released an update on Android/UWP (Windows Store) update to address this issue.

David Lau

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report