SketchBook Forum
Hello Sketchbook Community Members! Sketchbook started a new exciting endeavor. This forum is now read-only mode. Please visit the new Sketchbook Help Center, https://help.sketchbook.com/ in the future. Happy sketching!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hard work lost forever?!?!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
834 Views, 4 Replies

Hard work lost forever?!?!

So earlier i saved my sketch was working on it really hard! Then exited app and turned off my surface book 2. An hour later i turned on my surface book 2 and i went into the app to continue my work was almost done. I notice its not in pictures or anywhere. So i type "beautiful girl" which is what i named it and a blank option pops up that says that. So i clicked it and it says "couldn't open this file. Either the file's format or size is not supported, or you may not have the read permissions." What does it mean?!? I'm panicking that i may have lost it forever!!! How could this have happened and why?! And is there anyways to get it back?!?!
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
david.lau
in reply to: Anonymous

I am sorry to tell you that the file maybe lost.  It's best to 'save' the file before putting the computer to sleep.

David Lau
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

I did save that's the bad part
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

I too have lost a file I was working on on my iPad... I am new and thought that when you close a file that it asks you to save and then click yes. As it is an ipad version it did not ask me 'where' to save as most programs would give you that option. I assumed that it was saved somewhere mysteriously on the iPad itself... Saving files in SketchBook Pro takes additional care over working on a desktop, you cannot trust the application to favorably save or store files in remote locations like iCloud or DropBox, which is where you must be sure you have saved to when working on any version of SketchBook, desktop or mobile device. I am sorry and know the pain of losing a irreplaceable file... I still work very carefully as I said, it takes extra care when working in SketchBook Pro.

Message 5 of 5

For this reason I you suggest to implement a save button in the Android (and IOS Version?).
Cause if I am not mistaken, you can only save if your opening another image from your gallery or if your're creating an new image. Isn't that the case?
So probably a save button would be useful, cause I don't want to go to my gallery or create a new image before pushing my standby button.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report