SketchBook Forum
Hello Sketchbook Community Members! Sketchbook started a new exciting endeavor. This forum is now read-only mode. Please visit the new Sketchbook Help Center, https://help.sketchbook.com/ in the future. Happy sketching!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Files missing from gallery on Chrome OS (can't figure out how to restore)

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1027 Views, 3 Replies

Files missing from gallery on Chrome OS (can't figure out how to restore)

I was working on a drawing, exited to Gallery (saved it and everything), closed the app, then came back an hour or two later and all of my work was missing from the gallery. The device I'm using is a Chromebook, and I couldn't find information for restoring files on Chrome OS (only iOS and Android). Is there anything I can do to get my files back? I don't know why this happened; my sister uses the same device and still has all of her work on her account.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
david.lau
in reply to: Anonymous

Sketches must be saved in the Gallery.  To do this, you need to start a new sketch. Once you do that, you have the option to save the file.

If you are moving from one device to another, the files are located  in:  /Autodesk/SketchBook3 folder.

See:  http://help.autodesk.com/view/SKETPRO/ENU/?guid=SKETPRO_Help_sb_basics_back_files_settings_html

Under the section:  How to import SketchBook (.TIF) files into SketchBook for Android

David Lau
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: david.lau

The problem isn't that I can't save them, or that I've had troubles moving to a new device. it's that they appear to have been deleted. I'm using the same device I was using before, and the same device my sister uses. As I said before, her work was not deleted on her account. I just want to know if there is a way to recover my work, or if my drawings have been permanently deleted.

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I needed to update my app. It hadn't automatically updated, and it was causing problems. However, now that I've made sure it updated, it's working smoothly again, and restored all of my lost files. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report