SketchBook Forum
Hello Sketchbook Community Members! Sketchbook started a new exciting endeavor. This forum is now read-only mode. Please visit the new Sketchbook Help Center, https://help.sketchbook.com/ in the future. Happy sketching!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a PDF for printing

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
356 Views, 2 Replies

Creating a PDF for printing

Hello Sketchbook Forumites

I wonder if you can stop me going mad - this is probably so simple. Here is what I need to do:

I want to create a card, lets say it is 140mm x 140mm (made from a piece of card that is 140mm x 280mm), and prepare it for print as a PDF (I can do that bit) with crop lines. Previously I created a picture and I can crop that to 140 x 140 but I do not seem to then be able to resize the canvas in order to take the "back" of the card. I thought I would try and fool it so imported the artwork as an "image" but when I went to crop it, it just cropped everything. I have tried playing around with the image size menu and the canvas menu but to no avail.

If you can help then I would be very grateful indeed!

Thanks

Rob S

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
david.lau
in reply to: Anonymous

SketchBook can't export to .pdf for printing.  On the Mac, you can save/print to pdf.  On Windows, there are some 3rd party print to pdf options.

The issue is resolution.  You need to be at a least 300 DPI for printing cards.  I typically setup a 8.5 x 11 @ 300 DPI.

You can then create some crop marks for it.  The problem is the SketchBook's ruler is really a straight edge so you need to 'manually' create a file size accordingly...i.e.  140mm x 280mm @ 300 DPI

https://blogs.autodesk.com/sketchbookpro/trents-tips-what-resolution-should-you-use-anyway/

David Lau
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi

Sorry been away on holiday and just seen this - thanks for your help appreciate that

Regards

Rob

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report