SketchBook Forum
Hello Sketchbook Community Members! Sketchbook started a new exciting endeavor. This forum is now read-only mode. Please visit the new Sketchbook Help Center, https://help.sketchbook.com/ in the future. Happy sketching!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Color picker won't select color.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
3099 Views, 7 Replies

Color picker won't select color.

When I am halfway through a project in Sketchbook the color picker stops selecting a certain color I use it to click on.  All the colors I use are from the in-app color wheel. Closing and reopening sketchbook has no effect. I restarted my computer which caused the color picker to work briefly, but then it stopped selecting colors I used it to click on again. 

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
david.lau
in reply to: Anonymous

Can you send us a screen capture of your desktop?  I would like to see the image/sketch you are working of if possible.

David Lau
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: david.lau

I attached a screenshot as I'm trying to color in line work the color
picker selects white as I try to color sample the peach shade I am using.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

The color picker selects white when I try to sample the peach shade  I am using. sketchobook_color-picker.jpg

Message 5 of 8
andrew.albertson

if you are using a tablet or cintiq, for some reason the calibration is off.  use your mouse or touch pad.   If you want to use your tablet with the color picker, hold alt and press and hold the pen to the tablet which will show a blowout of what it is actually seeing.  Zooming out also helps.  This is for Sketch pro the desktop version.  Its a pain though.  Autodesk has not updated the desktop version in a while.  They focus on the mobile version more.

Message 6 of 8
andrew.albertson

IMG-7066.JPGIMG-7067.JPG

Tags (1)
Message 7 of 8

IMG-7066.JPGIMG-7067.JPG

Message 8 of 8
david.lau

Can you reset the Wacom Settings and then try to re-calibrate the Stylus?  Do you only have an issue with the Color Picker?

If you are on Windows, can you try to make sure that Scaling and Layout are set to recommended.   

If you have 2 displays, set the Cintiq as Primary.   If you have 3 displays, I would disable one of them and try SketchBook as Primary or Secondary.

David Lau

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report