SketchBook Forum
Hello Sketchbook Community Members! Sketchbook started a new exciting endeavor. This forum is now read-only mode. Please visit the new Sketchbook Help Center, https://help.sketchbook.com/ in the future. Happy sketching!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

color picker is out of place

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
1075 Views, 10 Replies

color picker is out of place

as the title said, my color picker when I press alt or whatever way to get the color picker, doesn't pick the color where my nib's pen touching the screen but like 3 cm on the left  

yet, everything works fine but color picker

how can I change the offset of where the color picker pick the color ??

I'm using a wacom cintiq 14" on windows 10 my drivers are up to date my version of sketchbook is 8.7.1

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
david.lau
in reply to: Anonymous

Can you confirm what Wacom driver you are using?

David Lau
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: david.lau

thank you for your answer my driver is the 6.3.37-3
Message 4 of 11
david.lau

I did need to re-calibrate my Cintiq 22 HDT "Stylus" to get my pen to work on the top of the File menu.    I normally hold the "i" shortcut and hover around to get to the color you want so it may exactly match the 'exact' location of the color sampling.

David Lau
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous

I set the calibration but it  doesn't affect my issue 

here I put a photo of this, I noticed that when I pick on extrem left (here on the red color it pick it right) but when I slide on the right after yellow it goes off on the tool bar on the left side and stay like this till the extrem right 

Message 6 of 11
david.lau

1. Can you try to reset SketchBook to default?  it will be under Edit >  Preferences > Factory Defaults.
  2. Can you send me the exact model of your 13" Cintiq?  I have access to 3 older 13" Cintiq for testing purposes.   I have tested on 24 HDT and 16 HD but I am not able to reproduce the problem.

David Lau
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous

ok thanks again for your answer I reset the 3 options from the reset factory tab but still nothing changed

now that's might give a clue I measured on the screen

the first 4cm on left part of the screen works fine then as soon as I past that point it goes 4cm left for the rest of the screen

I have the cintiq 13HD creative pen display model DTK-1300

Message 8 of 11
david.lau

I have tested on 13 HD with touch - model number is: DTH-1300 and I was not able to reproduce the problem.  I would do this:

1. Go to the Wacom Desktop Center > Backup Settings > Reset Settings

2. Uninstall the Wacom Software via :Add or Remove Programs

3. Reboot computer and download a slightly older driver via:

https://www.wacom.com/en-tw/support/product-support/drivers

4.  Download my test .tif file and see how the color picker works depending on the region.

David Lau
Message 9 of 11
david.lau

My sample .tif file.  Can you let me know which section has the color picker issue?   I would use the 'i' as the shortcut to get the color picker and not the 'alt' key.

David Lau
Message 10 of 11
Anonymous

thank you 

so I followed your instruction I went through all the steps

reset the factory setting of the wacom 

uninstall the driver

installed an older one (6.3.33)

and 

the picker was still off

but after I updated the driver and backup my setting

then the miracle happened so unexpectedly

it's actually worked and I dunno really how it happened coz I have put back all my original setting and driver that was there before so I cannot explain but here it is!!!

thanks for all 

Message 11 of 11
david.lau

Awesome!  Maybe a Wacom driver setting got corrupted.  I am glad the uninstall/reinstall/UPGRADE of Wacom driver fixed the issue!

David Lau

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report