SketchBook Forum
Hello Sketchbook Community Members! Sketchbook started a new exciting endeavor. This forum is now read-only mode. Please visit the new Sketchbook Help Center, https://help.sketchbook.com/ in the future. Happy sketching!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot upload .skbrushes

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
715 Views, 2 Replies

Cannot upload .skbrushes

So I know this is going to be the umpteenth thread about importing .skbrushes, but I read all the others and still can't find a solution, because the information is pretty confused. I'm running a desktop version of Sketchbook Pro 2014 on Windows 7 and can't import free brush sets because the program allows me to import only .zip files, while the free brush sets are only .skbrushes. In the troubleshooting and forum sections I found that it should be possible to install free brush sets if you're running a desktop version of Sketchbook OR if you have Windows 10 (in which case a double click on the downloaded file is enough to install it). So the question is, why can't I upload them? I don't even see them when I click on upload brush set. I also tried zipping the files and importing them, but I rightly get the error message that the file is not valid.

Any help? Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
patrick.muenster
in reply to: Anonymous

Well, I'm not sure, but I would say, that the new Sketchbook import and export functions are simply not compatible with the Sketchbook from 2014.
But what you could try is to change (rename) the fileformat from skbrushes to zip (or in the opposite way). As far as I know, skbrushes is just a zip folder. But I havn't tried this out cause I don't have an older version of Skecthbook installed on my system.

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: patrick.muenster

Thanks for the tip, I tried changing the extension but doesn't work, so it's definitely because mine is an older version. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report