SketchBook Forum
Hello Sketchbook Community Members! Sketchbook started a new exciting endeavor. This forum is now read-only mode. Please visit the new Sketchbook Help Center, https://help.sketchbook.com/ in the future. Happy sketching!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Erase Properly, and Flood Fills are Transparent.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
428 Views, 2 Replies

Can't Erase Properly, and Flood Fills are Transparent.

Hi,

I've been experiencing a couple of problems in Sketchbook.

1. Can't fully erase. Whenever I need to erase a drawing, it almost always (if not ALWAYS) leaves behind a very light mark. You may not be able to see it at first, but if you look from the bottom up at your screen, you can see the drawing is still there. Even Sketchbook knows it's there, as when you use the flood fill tool, and bring the tolerance down to 1, it will fill the area around the lines.

Just a moment ago, I think I figured out the problem. No, I can't do anything about it, but it seems to me that whenever you draw something, two lines appear: one solid line, and one nearly transparent line. In the attached file (sorry it looks so bad, it's just a quick example using the mouse), you can see two solid eyes, and a nearly transparent eye on the right of each one. Same with his mouth. What's going on?

I've contacted Autodesk about this erasing issue before, but no one's really done anything. It's ugly and annoying, but I don't think it's caused as many problems as the next issue.

2. The flood fills are transparent. Or, more specifically, whenever you flood fill something with a light colour (may depend on colour and shade, but white is one of them), you can literally see through it. It's nearly impossible to tell in Sketchbook, but in Windows Photo Viewer or a program like Anime Studio Debut 8 (which I'm currently using my drawings in), you can see it. In Anime Studio, I have a character who has peach skin, and you can literally see the wall behind his face. It's ridiculous.

One solution to this, is to 'copy merged' the drawing, and 'paste' it over it. That way, there's two of the same colour, making the colour more solid (I guess that's how it works?). Still, this is ridiculous, and a waste of time. Please Autodesk, do something about this.

Anyone else seeing this, or is it just me? Thanks.

I've attached an image of both problems (again, sorry it's so bad). I've flood filled the character white, and painted the top of his head white with a brush. His body has been erased, and you can see the lines are still there. If you can't see it here, try copy/pasting it someplace, and viewing either in Windows Photo Viewer or some other program). OR, you can just try it yourself.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
david.lau
in reply to: Anonymous

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: david.lau

Yes, sorry about that. I had posted this one first, but for some reason, it seemed to have disappeared. Must have been a temporary bug. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report