SketchBook Forum
Hello Sketchbook Community Members! Sketchbook started a new exciting endeavor. This forum is now read-only mode. Please visit the new Sketchbook Help Center, https://help.sketchbook.com/ in the future. Happy sketching!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brush Preview

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
843 Views, 5 Replies

Brush Preview

I just got a surface studio and the windows 10 version of the sketchbook app has a very distracting and sometimes obtrusive brush preview. Is there anyway to disable the preview? If I can recommend to remove this feature it would be great, specially when drawing directly on the screen. 

I also understand that I can use the win64 version but I lose the surface dial functionality.

Thank you,

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

The brush preview was just introduced in the recent update to 5.0. I don't know if it's a feature they intended or not, but I like you have a problem with it, as the brush stamp gets in the way, you can't see what's under it, making working with bigger brushes, but also brushes that are pressure sensitive very difficult, as it shows the largest size of the pressure sensitive brush. Hoping they will at least add an option to disable the brush stamp preview in the next update.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Thanks for your reply, I thought for a bit that it had always been there and I just noticed it now. I'm hoping that too or at least for it to be just an outline.

Message 4 of 6
StuzzingtonBotulism

This is an interesting thread.  There's currently a thread entitled Turning Off The Cursor where people are complaining about this annoyance, on the Android version. Opinion there seemed to be that the Android version was the only version where you couldn't turn off the cursor [or Brush Preview as you're calling it]. 

Your post seems to suggest that, rather than fixing it on Android by providing a way for users to turn it off, Autodesk are actually rolling out this annoying "feature" across the latest versions of Sketchbook on other platforms as well.

Way to listen to your users, Autodesk!

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

I think they fixed it, I don't see the huge brush preview anymore

Message 6 of 6
StuzzingtonBotulism

Lucky you lot.

Unfortunately the Android version still has the annoying brush sized cursor.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report