SketchBook Forum
Hello Sketchbook Community Members! Sketchbook started a new exciting endeavor. This forum is now read-only mode. Please visit the new Sketchbook Help Center, https://help.sketchbook.com/ in the future. Happy sketching!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk SketchBook (ver 8.6.0) fails to respond

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
432 Views, 1 Reply

Autodesk SketchBook (ver 8.6.0) fails to respond

Hi there,

Hoping I can get a little assistance regarding this particular issue. Some previous posts are similar, but not identical, so apologies if this gets identified or flagged as a duplicate-post, or moved to a different thread.

When attempting to launch SketchBook on my laptop, I'm running into an issue whereby the program will launch, but the UI will not respond to any input from any source. When opening TaskMgr, and with SketchBook being the only Desktop Application running, CPU-usage shows as anywhere from 30% to 70%. Force-Quitting (End-Task) is the only means to close the application, also, once active. The following T/S has been completed to identify the root-cause:

- Uninstall / re-install ver 8.6.0

- Uninstall ver 8.6.0, navigate to AppData/**/SketchBook/8.0, deleted folder

- Re-Install ver 8.6.0, RESTART : No resolution, issue persists

- Ran MS-Troubleshooter, attempted launch via multiple ADMIN & Compatibility options (Win8 / 7) : Resolution "INCOMPATIBLE PROGRAM"

- Uninstall ver 8.6.0, navigate to AppData/**/SketchBook/8.0, deleted folder

- Install ver 8.3.1, RESTART : No resolution, issue persists

- Uninstall ver 8.3.1, navigate to AppData/**/SketchBook/8.0, deleted folder

- Verified OS up-to-date via Updates and cmd /winver checkup

- Registry and AppData cleanup via CCleaner performed

- Re-Install ver 8.6.0, RESTART : No resolution, issue persists

- Ran MS-Troubleshooter, attempted launch via multiple ADMIN & Compatibility options (Win8 / 7) : Resolution "INCOMPATIBLE PROGRAM"

Other Information is as-follows: 

Win 10 Home Edition (Ver. 1809 up-to-date, Build 17763.404)

H/ware: Dell Inspiron 15 5000 , Wacom Bamboo Pen-only (CTL-470)

**NOTE: Attempt to launch has been made, with Tablet both connected and disconnected from the Laptop

Currently at a loss as to what other steps I could consider. I do feel that, based on what I've reviewed to-date, the issue does not stem from the OS or background application-data. Since SketchBook has no issues at all when running on my Desktop PC, with older hardware and the same OS Version, I'm somewhat stumped.

Any advice, suggestions, or other troubleshooting tips that I could attempt would be sincerely appreciated, since I do like the Application, and I'd be sad to have to move to an alternate platform.

Cheers in advance, peeps. ^^

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
david.lau
in reply to: Anonymous

You have done what I would have done.  Uninstall/Delete settings and reinstall.

1. Create a new user account with Admin Privileges and use that account to test SketchBook.  

2.  Run SketchBook without Wacom driver.

a. Uninstall Wacom Driver - reboot.

b. Test SketchBook and see if it will run and use imput from Mouse/Trackpad.

c. If that works, install Wacom driver.  You can use an older version from:  https://www.wacom.com/en/support/product-support/drivers

David Lau

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report