SketchBook Forum
Hello Sketchbook Community Members! Sketchbook started a new exciting endeavor. This forum is now read-only mode. Please visit the new Sketchbook Help Center, https://help.sketchbook.com/ in the future. Happy sketching!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App crashes at startup on cintiq companion

20 REPLIES 20
SOLVED
Message 1 of 21
Anonymous
1301 Views, 20 Replies

App crashes at startup on cintiq companion

My sketchbook pro app has been crashing on the startup every time. I'm using a cintiq companion hybrid tablet. 

Please help. 

Thanks

20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21
david.lau
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks for the report.  I have alerted the QA/Development team about the 13" Wacom tablet that runs Android having the issue.  

Can you confirm by sending us the model number on the back of the device?

David Lau
Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
in reply to: david.lau

Yes, thanks!

Model #: DTH -A1300

Message 4 of 21
Anonymous

Im suffering the same issue in the same tablet. As a patch, i'm returning to the last functional versión.

Thanks!

Message 5 of 21
Anonymous

That's cool olisseh. Not sure how to go back to the previous version.

Since you have the same tablet as me does the selection tool work for you? Mine stopped working a while ago and I can't screen record. You ever have any luck with that?

Thanks

Message 6 of 21
Anonymous

I am using a 13 inch Wacom Cintiq Hybrid. I started experiencing the Sketchbook crashing last night. I have since updated the software (about 20 min ago), It has not resolved the issue. I am thinking about uninstalling Sketchbook and then Reinstalling to see if that resolves the issue. Please let me know when your team has a solution.

Message 7 of 21
Anonymous

Hi, at first moment i did what you're thinking, but reinstalling wasn't solve the issue, as it seems the trouble comes from the last app version.

To get it running again I uninstalled sketchbook completelly and install the 4.0 version apk.

Message 8 of 21
Anonymous

Hi! as i've told Bob, try uninstalling completelly sketchbook, and install the 4.0 apk version. 

Hybrid is a good piece of hardware, but the lack of no upgrades for its OS, makes me being careful with the apps. So i try to save old apks, preventing problems like this. In other hand, there are some reliable repository online, storing signed obsolete apk versions.

Message 9 of 21
Anonymous

When you uninstall do you lose all your files? Is there an easy way to back them up? I've exported all my files as .pngs

Message 10 of 21
Anonymous

Thank you, Where can I get version 4 APK and is there a way to retrieve my working files after I uninstall the current app?

Message 11 of 21
david.lau

For Android, the files will be in the /Autodesk/SketchBook3 folder.  It will have the .tif/tiff extension.

If you delete app the folder will still be intact.

David Lau
Message 12 of 21
Anonymous
in reply to: david.lau

Ok, thank you I will attempt this fix.

Message 13 of 21
Anonymous

Sorry but i can't answer your question in an absolute way... if i were in your shoes i'd make the same things that you made. Export all the drawings and move to another folder away from the sketchbook folder. 

Message 14 of 21
Anonymous

I hadn't seen the early answer Smiley Embarassed

Message 15 of 21
Anonymous

Sites as apkmirror.com can help you finding obsolete signed apps.

Message 16 of 21
Anonymous

Just reverted to the previous version. Not a fun process but I can now try to catch up on lost time! Thanks for the help!

Message 17 of 21
Anonymous

I reverted to the previous version but now all my brushes are missing!Smiley Sad Is that because my original older version was the one I purchased and now this version is unpurchased? 

Message 18 of 21
Anonymous

As far as I know, licence is associated with your google play account. So, if you has reverted to the same version you had , you may keep all the brushes you had.
For my part this was the behaviour of the app. At least I didn't realize the lost of brushes. But the fact is thar are only my own guesswork, I'm sure that support staff shall give us a much clever answer and, please, a solution for getting the upgrade working 😊

Cheers!
Message 19 of 21
Anonymous

hi, i'm glad to say last update solved app crashing in my hybrid!

thanks a lot!!!!   

Message 20 of 21
david.lau

Android 4.x devices are using an older SSL which we fixed last week and uploaded to the Google Play store.  I am glad it worked.

NOTE:  I needed a USB keyboard for text entry into the Login Screen. 

David Lau

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report