Announcements
The Simulation Mechanical Idea Board has been closed down and placed in read-only mode following a recent discontinuation announcement. Please see our supporting FAQ for more information.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphical representation of loads in transient stress environment

Graphical representation of loads in transient stress environment

Before Autodesk bought Algor the software contained a feature which has since disappeared. As it was a useful feature, I would like to know if it could be restored. An example of how the feature works follows:

To model a rotating eccentric load in the transient stress environment I use two sine curves 90 degrees out of phase but with the same frequency. I apply these curves with the appropriate scale factor to a node so one curve acts in, say, the x direction and the other the y direction (assuming I want the eccentric force in the xy plane). When the product was still Algor and for the first couple of releases after it became Autodesk, after solving the transient stress model the two loads would show up in results as two time varying arrows at the appropriate node. As one arrow increased the other decreased in size which gave a nice visual indication of the loading and a good check that the load was applied to the intended node and acted in the intended plane. It was also a nice visual representation to show customers what was happening.

Thanks for considering this. Phil Quenzi pjquenzi@gmail.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report