Announcements
The Simulation Mechanical Idea Board has been closed down and placed in read-only mode following a recent discontinuation announcement. Please see our supporting FAQ for more information.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

contact element visibility

contact element visibility

Surface contact creates elements which can be hidden simply by isolating a part in the model. But there is no means to display the contact elements again! This functionality is needed in order to view which elements are in contact ("Results Contours > Other Results > Element Forces > Axial Force").

The user should be able to:

1. use the "Results Options > Element Visibility > Show All" command. This command does not display the contact elements in SIm Mech 2014.
  2. right-click on a contact pair in the browser, or on the parent "Contact" branch, and have options to display or hide the pair.

contact element visibility.png

The current work around (create a new presentation window) requires the user to re-do a lot of work if custom legend, part visiblity, slice planes, shading, and other settings have been chosen.

John Holtz

4 Comments
Sualp.Ozel
Community Manager
Status changed to: Comments Requested

hi John

we still dont have "the options to display or hide the pair" but the "showall seems to work for me on my end.

I am using internal builds 🙂

Is this still broken in 2015?

also you are right that isolating a part "hides everything, but upon a show all, i can individually trun the visibility of the parts and everything seems to work as expected.

i will have the team look in to fixing some of these issues.

Sualp.Ozel
Community Manager
Status changed to: Comments Requested

hi John

we still dont have "the options to display or hide the pair" but the "showall seems to work for me on my end.

I am using internal builds 🙂

Is this still broken in 2015?

also you are right that isolating a part "hides everything, but upon a show all, i can individually trun the visibility of the parts and everything seems to work as expected.

i will have the team look in to fixing some of these issues.

Sualp.Ozel
Community Manager

Simmech-8985

Sualp.Ozel
Community Manager
Status changed to: Accepted

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report