Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
293 Views, 1 Reply

Triangle moment

Hello to all,

I am new on this forum this is my first post, and I have one question...How could I set load like this in Simulation Mechanical?

Case.png

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
John_Holtz
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous

What is that load? A "distributed moment" that changes in magnitude over the length?

Simulation Mechanical does not have a distributed moment load, let alone one that changes in magnitude versus the length. So some thoughts that come to mind are:

1. If it is a plate element, you can apply a moment to the individual nodes. This would require a bit of hand calculations to get the magnitude based on the element size, etc. (Using the "Load from File" ability may make it "easy" to do all of the calculations to apply the moment load manually. You just need the node numbers and coordinates of the nodes, which you can get from the Results environment by doing a Check Model.)
  2. Apply a force couple that gives the equivalent moment. There are three ways to create a distributed force that varies with distance. (1) You can apply a "Variable Pressure" load to a surface area. The magnitude is defined by writing an equation. (2) You can apply a tapered distributed load to beam elements. However, you load needs to be applied to each element individually to get the taper that you need. (3) You can use the "Loads from File" and manually calculate the loads based on the node positions.
  3. How is the load created in real life? Is there a better way to apply that load in the simulation than using a moment load?

Let us know how you want to proceed, and we can go into more details.

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report