Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extract Inventor File From Simulation Archive .ach

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
ckerr
1276 Views, 2 Replies

Extract Inventor File From Simulation Archive .ach

Is there a way to extract the inventor file from a simulation archive file (.ach) without opening the file in Simulation?  My company changed FEA programs and we no longer have Simulation, but I do have Inventor.  I was hoping to transfer some old archive files but I can't open any of them.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
John_Holtz
in reply to: ckerr

Hi @ckerr 

The archive file (.ach) is a zip file. You can change the extension to .zip and open it with your favorite compression program.

However, the archive file does not necessarily include the files for the CAD model:

• If the archive is "Model Only", then no CAD files are included in the archive.
  • If the archive is "Model and Results", the only CAD file included is the file that has the same name as the Sim Mech .fem file.
    • Therefore, the CAD model would be included if it were a step file (.step, .stp) or an Inventor part file (.ipt) for example.
    • If the CAD model were an Inventor assembly, only the .iam file would be in the archive; the part files would be missing. (The assembly file is not useful without the part files.)

John

John Holtz, P.E.

Global Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

If not provided already, be sure to indicate the version of Inventor Nastran you are using!

"The knowledge you seek is at knowledge.autodesk.com" - Confucius 😉
Message 3 of 3
ckerr
in reply to: John_Holtz

Thank you so much, that worked perfectly.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report