Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: Young modulus is missing in part #2

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
725 Views, 4 Replies

Hi everybody,

I'm trying to simulate the movements and forces in a robot with simulation mechanical, and I get this error when I run the simulation:

However, in part 2 I have ABS as material, and in the material library the Young modulus of the ABS is correct, and it is not zero.

How could this error be fixed?

Thanks a lot

Jesús

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
marwan_azzam
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello Jesus,

Is this error repeatable (i.e. it happens every time you try running the analysis)?

Does it go away if you go into the material properties of part 2 and hit OK?

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: marwan_azzam

Thanks for answering...

Yes, this error appears me every time I try to simulate.

In the material window:

Capturass.PNG

I hit OK, and then I run simulation. But the problems is still there:

otra.PNG

Thanks again,

Jesús

Message 4 of 5
AstroJohnPE
in reply to: Anonymous

I suspect the problem is with part 2 element 499, and the error about the modulus is a result of that warning. Why the software cannot read that element is not known, but changing the mesh slightly (remeshing) may avoid whatever the real error is.

You might want to attach an archive of the model so that someone can look at it and get a better understanding of the problem. That would answer questions such as the analysis type, why the ABS plastic is identified as Aluminum 2024-O, and so forth. See "Create, Post, or Provide an Archive of your model".

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: AstroJohnPE

I did the mesh again with the option Automatic Geometry Based Mesh Size Function (3D Mesh Settings -> Options -> Model) disabled, and it worked!!!

Thank you very much

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report