Community
Showcase Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Showcase Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Showcase topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User preferences

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
640 Views, 3 Replies

User preferences

G'day All,

has anyone discovered a way to default uncheck:

'open result when finished'

and output to default to 'local only'...?

I can understand that the whole cloud thing might be of interest to people in a team where lots of people are using Autodesk software or whatnot, but for me this is of very little value.... (actually more of an issue, as pretty much everything I'm doing is for clients, and to avoid the pain of having to disclose everyhwere I am storing work for them, I like to keep it local...). Oh yeah, and with a Network speed as poor as I sometimes have to deal with, the idea of uploading a 3 minute 60FPS uncompressed TIFF sequential image stream is, um, lets just say interesting....

As for open result when finished, well, If i'm using hardware renderer, yeah anti-aliasing might be of interest to look at, but half the time I just want to output a load of non sequential images that I'll dump into a ppt so i can send it to my team... maybe with some fancy clip art or something... hehe.

I know once you unclick it, it stays unclicked during the seesion, or with the file that is open... but at least in my work-flow it would make more sense for it to default to the oppsite (ie. dont open result when finished...).

I know my workflow is probably wrong, and there are likely many better ways than mine... but thats how I get things done... And granted these are but small and very quickly remedied niggles... and maybe I just have to lump it... but I would have a big smile if it worked the way I want it to, and I could only blame myself if I forgot to to choose such options...

perhaps eventually this is a longwinded way of asking if these options could be tagged in the user preferences Smiley Happy And be sure, once this is fixed, I'll find something else to whinge about.... (but only because I like using showcase...).

Bryan.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Christian_Garimberti
in reply to: Anonymous

The local or cloud option could be set by logging in once and then set you cloud prefs.
For other settings I think no way...
But I hope that in the future every setting in publish panel will be remembered..... Or maybe exported or saved as presets.
Bye

Christian Garimberti
Technical Manager and Visualization Enthusiast
Qs Informatica S.r.l. | Qs Infor S.r.l. | My Website
Facebook | Instagram | Youtube | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
MarionLandry
in reply to: Anonymous

HI,

I think Christian already answered some of your questions concerning the option to save locally:

Just click on the settings next to the save option:

SaveLoacally.jpg

Then choose the "manually" option

CloudSettings.jpg

I want to bring more precision in the cloud information. 

You can always save locally all your images and decide to upload later you think is necessary in the cloud. 

Login your cloud, then upload the necessary content:

CloudUpload.jpg

That way, you can choose to upload the content during your lunch break or overnight so it is not disrupting your work day. 

Good luck

Marion

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: MarionLandry

Thanks Christian and Marion....

I had never bothered to sign in, had I taken the time I might have seen the option... Smiley Embarassed

I can live with this now... Smiley Very Happy

cheers

Bryan.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report