Community
Showcase Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Showcase Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Showcase topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Showcase 2017 bug.

16 REPLIES 16
Message 1 of 17
juliangalar
1859 Views, 16 Replies

Showcase 2017 bug.

Autodesk Showcase 2017 is in trouble.
Working in dialog boxes and changing parameters, the dialog box remains corrupt. The cursor does not obey the mouse.
Showcase 2017 is not equal to 2016. 2015 is worse and has come out with a serious bug.
Quite a penalty for a program that lets Autodesk die and could be very good.

Greetings.

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17

I have the same problem, after opening an existing Showcase project all my settings are gone, resulting in objects all in black.

I don't think AUTODESK is giving any support to Showcase anymore, because they don't give answers. Showcase was the best rendering program ever... but i think we have to go to VRED now.

Message 3 of 17
jdm308
in reply to: juliangalar

Same here. I am having errors in the material properties pop-up window. Sometimes the panel graphics are a mess. Sometimes input boxes will not accept numeric input correctly (like scale and angle). and sometimes my cursor gets stuck in one box, and the only way to correct it, is to close the properties window and open it again.

I have expected an update soon. But now Showcase doesn't even show in the list on the Autodesk Application Manager.
Message 4 of 17
jdm308
in reply to: jdm308

Showcase 2017.JPG

Message 5 of 17
ScottWeiter5186

I just find it so hard to believe that a working program in 2016 has turned to so many errors.  The decal grips no longer have the box on the tips for scaling.  For me I can change a value once in a dialog box but can't type in the box again till I close the dialog box and open it again.  I'm trying to show our company the value of Showcase and this isn't helping at all.  I've always found Showcase much faster and easier to use than 3DS Max for generating a quick nice looking rendering.

Wish they could come up with a product like Limnon.  That is one application I always enjoy using.

Scott...

Message 6 of 17
Anonymous

Hi,

I am having the same issue as you and a few more it seems. Just finished a rendering and saved, closed and half hour later wanted to show one more view and it won't even open that file! Have you found any fix? I'm considering going back to 2015. Never had 2016. Maybe that is available to me.

Thanks

Message 7 of 17
jdm308
in reply to: Anonymous

I have not yet found a fix. I was hoping Autodesk would have provided a rev or hotfix for this by now. 

I have had no problems opening files. It's mainly materials and other data boxes. Right now I'm just suffering through, closing an reopening, and hoping they get this resolved soon. We are also taking another look at Solidworks. Don't really want to switch. But issues like this are getting a bit frustrating.  

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous

Thank you for your response! Autodesk silence is deafening! How do they expect us to subscribe and invest in their program when they decide to disengage when they have something that works extremely well with simplicity and results!

Ugh!!

Message 9 of 17
Anonymous

Hello,

As I am having the same problems with Showcase 2017 and a fix is not an option I am considering going to SC 2016. I have been using SC 2015 without issues but based on your comments SC 2016 was better. Can you confirm this?

Desperate!

Message 10 of 17
jdm308
in reply to: Anonymous

I don't recall having any serious issues with SC 2016. I have been considering re-installing 2016. But I have not yet tried that. So I cannot say if SC 2016 will translate model files from Inventor 2017, or read the SC 2017 files I have already created. May be worth a try.

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous

I have myself and one more person using Showcase 2015. I left his seat at 2015 & upgraded mine to 2017. I created a new template in 2017 just in case something didn't go well. As we now consider going backwards as an option before I invest too much in re-creating my material library (re-mapping) we did try opening the 2017 file in 2015 and it worked to at least the point of opening and everything being there that is supposed too. I go straight into SC from Auto CAD 2015 but now I'm wondering if the problem is SC 2017 which I'm guessing hasn't really changed has problems running with Auto CAD 2017. I'm requesting IT to re-install 2015 SC  I'll let you know how that goes. I will try a Auto CAD 2015 version in 2017 and see if that still has an issue first.

Thanks for the input!

Message 12 of 17
jcaron7B3UG

This is the most stupid thing ever. Here is the answer I got from the Autodesk team :

"

my name is Florian from the technical support team of Autodesk and I took over your case concerning the numerical values within the publish movie dialog.
Basically I am able to reproduce the issue and I am already aware of this issue and have informed the development about that.
This issue is also in Texture settings dialog as well.

In general I would recommend to use the 2016 version in case this is possible for the customer, as 2017 has too many issues right now.
Only when importing Revit and Inventor 2017 files, Showcase 2017 is needed for import. But right after import and saving out a Showcase file, it should be possible to reopen the Showcase 2017 file with Showcase 2016.
(Normally Showcase files are not downwards compatible)

I hope that is a bit helpful?

BTW: You are aware that Showcase 2017 is End of Life!
Within the new Industry Collections of Autodesk, there is no Showcase anymore.

Do you have additional questions, then I am happy to assist you, or may we close this case?

"

Basically, downgrading to Showcase 2016 is the only solution. They even acknowledge that Showcase 2017 is garbage! 

Message 13 of 17
juliangalar
in reply to: jcaron7B3UG

Autodesk has these things. Very good products abandon them. Showcase could have been a very good thing. A pity and for other software.

Message 14 of 17
Reginaldo-KEK

Did you find any solution to this showcase bug?

Thank you

DELL PRECISION T3500
Intel® Xeon® Six-Core W3670 (12M Cache, 3.20 GHz, 4.80 GT/s)
Windows® 7 Professional Original 64- Bit
12GB DDR3 SDRAM 1333MHz
NVIDIA® Quadro® 4000, 2GB
Message 15 of 17
jdm308
in reply to: Reginaldo-KEK

I have given up on Showcase. Right now I'm trying to use Fusion 360 render. But I don't like the fact it's cloud based only. I would rather it reside on my computer. Our company IT is quite paranoid about anything "cloud".

And texture and material application and adjustment is terrible. There are several levels, and multiple popup windows, just to make simple material modifications. It's very confusion and cumbersome. I may start using KeyShot. It is much faster and easier.

Message 16 of 17
Reginaldo-KEK

We also migrated to KeyShot here, I think it's absurd that Autodesk has not solved this problem. I really enjoyed using the showcase.
Thank you

DELL PRECISION T3500
Intel® Xeon® Six-Core W3670 (12M Cache, 3.20 GHz, 4.80 GT/s)
Windows® 7 Professional Original 64- Bit
12GB DDR3 SDRAM 1333MHz
NVIDIA® Quadro® 4000, 2GB
Message 17 of 17
juliangalar
in reply to: Reginaldo-KEK

No. Showcase is dead for Autodesk. There will be no 2018 version

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report