Announcements
The Scaleform forum is now read-only. Please head to the Gamedev site for product support.
Scaleform Forum (Read Only)
Scaleform enables developers to leverage the power of the Adobe® Flash® tool set to create powerful user interface environments for video games.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[SOLVED] Problem making, returns *** target pattern contains no `%'

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
5812 Views, 11 Replies

[SOLVED] Problem making, returns *** target pattern contains no `%'

Hi there!
As it is expected from a flash developer, I don't have any clue of what I'm doing, but I followed every instruction given in this video (took me a good 10 hours of constant headache and WTF moments). Oh and by the way, aside from the tedious process of preparing the computer to be able to build .apk files, that software is pure genius!

I configured cygwin with the environment variable, I got the debug.keystore through making a debug session in eclipse(this part was a bitch), but now I attempted to "make" the .apk fil several times, but nothing works.

1st try
I used StarforceTD.def as a base, I only changed the name of the file and the link(my .swf is in the same StarforceTD folder), I commented out the resources SWF as I don't need any, does not work, returns:
Projects/Common/ShippingPlayer.mk:81: *** target pattern contains no `%'

2nd try
Tried to compile only StarforceTF.def as is, looked to be working but at the end it just says:
make: *** Error 1
and I see a lot of "permission denied" pass by as I check the log.

(I tried several other times, but those were the most relevant tries IMO)

And hum... could you explain to me the magic behind how it does to find the .def files when nowhere do I link them to anything? I even changed the name of the folder LocalApp to LocalApp-TD and it gave the usual result.

Thanks alot guys!
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I am running into the same exact problem. The thing is that I got it work at some point last week but I can't solve this now... :S

This may be related to some versions of Cygwin. I'll post an update if I discover something else.
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous

To fix the "permission denied" problems you can just run Cygwin as administrator. That solved the issues for me.
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous

Ok, I finally found the problem (at least in my case). I was setting a windows-style path in the ".def" file. The thing is that you can't solve the problem just by changing the .def file because the whole make fails and you can't even do "make clean". I had to look through the makefiles and found that the path was at Obj/SMP_MyGame.mk. I changed the path there and everything started working again.

I hope it helps in your case.
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous

Thanks Miguel,

keep in mind that this error only happens when I compile the project that is already put in place as an example, and I modified nothing in the .def, anyway if I could only compile this, I'd be happy.

Also, there seem to be another error after this, here are the last lines:

Picked up JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS: -Xmx128M
javac LocalApps/StarforceTD/Android/gen/com/scaleform/StarforceTD/R.java
cp: impossible to evaluate « /cygdrive/c/android-ndk-r8b/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.6/prebuilt/gdbserver »: No such file or directory
Projects/Common/ShippingPlayer.mk:81: recipe for target `LocalApps/StarforceTD/Android/libs/armeabi/gdbserver' failed

I think it is important to say that the JAVA_TOOL_OPTION is an environment variable that I set to allow more memory to java for flash compilation.

Your help is greatly appreciated, thanks!
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous

When I had similar problems in the past, I solved them by running "make clean" (or deleting everything manually if it doesn't work), opening a new Cygwin terminal as administrator and starting again.
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous

This definitely fixed something, but it did not fix everything, because it still gave me this answer at the end

cp: impossible d'évaluer « /cygdrive/c/android-ndk-r8b/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.6/prebuilt/gdbserver »: No such file or directory
Projects/Common/ShippingPlayer.mk:81: recipe for target `LocalApps/StarforceTD/Android/libs/armeabi/gdbserver' failed

but after a looong time into the making process.
Still, I'd like to point out that JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS: -Xmx128M is an environment variable I made myself and it is much of a coincidence that the compiler stopped after mentionning it the last two tries.

This takes some patience I know, but thanks!

Also I don't think I'll push much more on the Android Mobile SDK, I'll go for the iOS SDK, let's hope I'll be able to make this one run!
Message 8 of 12
MatthewDoyleArt

Sorry you're having some troubles building an Android APK file. I'll talk with our build team here and see if there is anything they can do to help you solve your issues. In the meantime, you can try to delete everything, and start from scratch. Be certain to follow every step of the tutorial carefully.

Matthew Doyle
Technical Marketing Manager

-----------------------------

Area Blog: Game Dev Blog
Watch me on Youtube: Youtube.com/MatthewDoyleArt
Check out some of my work at: MatthewDoyle.com
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous

Seriously, I admire your work, this product is miraculous, but I honestly think that it really lacks unity: I think that having an interface for this, that does what you want on a click and several data entries just like for the exporter and not having to download 36 other programs (cygwin, android sdk, ndk, jdk, eclipse in order to get the debug.keystore) independently, having to use the command lines, changing lines in some files, as it is a little bit too much of a challenge for the unexperienced flash developer that I am (and I expect many other flash devs could feel the same about this). I almost gave up several times and had to make extensive research on how to get this and that and how to connect and make this work (good example is getting the debug.keystore file).

I don't know what your target market is, but if it is flash developers looking for an easy way to put their game on android, there is definitely something you have to do about that.

That said, I'm pretty sure you know what to do and how to do it, just wanted to give as useful of a feedback as I could, because all the other tools are awesome and this project could revolutionize mobile gaming developement as much as it did for UI making in AAA games!
Message 10 of 12
MatthewDoyleArt

Thanks for the feedback. Rest assured that we are taking this kind of input into consideration. We are always working to improve the end user experience, and hopefully, in a future release, we'll have this stuff nailed down better.

Matthew Doyle

Message 11 of 12
MatthewDoyleArt

After trying to run make on my home PC, I have come up with the answer to your last issue, which I also ran into. You installed Android NDK version r8b. Turns out, that the file needed (gdbserver) is not in the location expected in r8b. Instead, download NDK r8. And of course change the directory location in your MakeConfig file. That should get you past that problem. To get r8, you will need to use this link:

http://dl.google.com/android/ndk/android-ndk-r8-windows.zip

Also, be aware that JDK 7 will likely cause make/build issues as well. Stick with JDK 6.

Matthew Doyle

Message 12 of 12
MatthewDoyleArt

Our support team has inform me that you can actually use NDK r8b by making some minor modifications:

Modify line 40 of the Android Makefile (Projects/Android/Makefile) from this:

TARGET_GDBSERVER := $(ANDROID_NDK)/toolchains/$(TOOLCHAIN)/prebuilt/gdbserver

to

TARGET_GDBSERVER := $(ANDROID_NDK)/prebuilt/android-arm/gdbserver/gdbserver

Matthew Doyle

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report