Announcements
The Scaleform forum is now read-only. Please head to the Gamedev site for product support.
Scaleform Forum (Read Only)
Scaleform enables developers to leverage the power of the Adobe® Flash® tool set to create powerful user interface environments for video games.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SFCamera prevents Meshes from rendering on device

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
494 Views, 4 Replies

SFCamera prevents Meshes from rendering on device

I'm having trouble with Scaleform 4.2 running on iOS devices.  All behaviour is perfectly normal in the Unity editor, but on device after loading a scene all Cameras only seem to render for a single frame and then no longer render at all.

After some investigation I've determined the following:

• everything behaves normally on device when the app first loads into the default scene, with both SWFs and Meshes rendering as normal;
  • after calling Application.LoadScene or LoadSceneAsync all meshes render for a single frame before disappearing (this single-frame render happens again every time another scene loads);
  • this issue occurs whether any SWFs are loaded or not, pointing to SFCamera as the culprit (and the issue disappears if I disable or destroy the SFCamera script then load a new scene);
  • loading a SWF via SFMovie renders that movie normally, even while all meshes in the scene are not rendering;
  • I've verified that all Cameras in the scene remain active and enabled, and disabling/reenabling them when loading a new scene doesn't fix the problem;

Any clues as to what is going on?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I've discovered another interesting behaviour related to this issue.

If I stick an OnGUI() on any MonoBehaviour active in the scene, the problem disappears. This code makes me so sad:

void OnGUI()
{
	GUI.Button( new Rect(-100, -100, 0, 0), "");
}

Problem solved!  Robot Sad

Tags (1)
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

I have run into this problem as well.  I also came up with an extremely stupid workaround.  I'd like to know the root cause of this problem too.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

+1

Same issue. I usually have an empty GUIText or a transparent GUITexture 😞

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

+1.. workaround by creating an invisible gui component in an OnGUI() call.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report