Announcements
The Scaleform forum is now read-only. Please head to the Gamedev site for product support.
Scaleform Forum (Read Only)
Scaleform enables developers to leverage the power of the Adobe® Flash® tool set to create powerful user interface environments for video games.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memory leaks in windows phone 8 version?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
410 Views, 2 Replies

Memory leaks in windows phone 8 version?

Hi all. I'm trying to port a game, which is already in android and iOS, to its corresponding windows phone 8 version...And I'm struggling really hard.

Apart from the streaming sounds problem I have noticed from the Windows Phone Developer profiler that the memory of the phone is flooding up little by little (or not so little) in every .swf change, despite the fact of releasing them afterwards. 

Thinking if that was an issue of our game I have deployed the StarforceTD version and it suffers from the same problem, even worse, the memory is flooding up faster.

Are there any know issues about this?

Kind regards.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
AD_NEdwards
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

Can you clarify the steps you used to deploy the Starforce project? What part of the report are you looking at to determine there is a memory leak?

We ran some of the Starforce content through the profiler, but did not observe any memory issues on WP8.

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: AD_NEdwards

Sure! (and thanks in advance)

In order to deploy the Starforce TD project I use the Deployer tool, but just with the bare minimum stuff, that is, only the main flash.swf. Then I add the remaining ones.

I replace the FxPlayerMobile (cause there isn't any FxShippingPlayer in the 4.4 wp8 version) with my the FxShippingPlayer then I build & run the game in the device.

I profile it with the Windows Phone Developer Power Tools (WPDPT), mainly because I don't know how to profile it with the Amp Profiler (in the wp8 version).

The basic test I'm doing is groing from the main menu to a game level a few times and come back to the main menu (not just one time because that is perfectly normal). And I observe the memory used in the process (the game) keep increasing everytime I do this basic flow.

I know (more less) how the OS memory system works at high-level but I still find it weird.

Kind regards and thanks in advance!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report