Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wind Load Simulation Not Running

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1807 Views, 6 Replies

Wind Load Simulation Not Running

I have been trying to run the wind load simulation on my model but it just wouldn't let me to. My model is about 38mx29mx7m high. Not sure what could be the problem?

Can anybody help? Thanks a lot

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Refaat
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi

I can’t see any problem. The wind simulator is working fine with your model. Just try to select the element which are exposed to the wind direction.

Refaat

001.jpg

Message 3 of 7
Rafacascudo
in reply to: Refaat

It is not working for the front surface when -X direction is selected. The reason is that Some of these panels ( 198to203 205 209to213 477to479  ) are not flat , like panel 477

not flat.jpg

I tried to use Rafal´s excelent flatness addin ( https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Robot-Structural/API-addin-checking-flatness-of-panels-conto... ) , but it is giving some kind of error.

Correcting the "flatness" , it will work for all directions and selecting all panels if desired.

Other than that I think your mesh size (10cm) is too small for the structure overall dimensions, making the analysis a lot longer .

Also you should not use kinematic constraints to fix mesh incoherences . The recomended setting is

meshing.jpg

Rafael Medeiros
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 7
Refaat
in reply to: Rafacascudo

Dear Rafael

I have test only ( +X) after deleting the mesh . Thank you for your deeply investigation .

Concerning the Flatness add in. I have tried with it . it is working without any error message .

Best Regards

Refaat

002.jpg

003.jpg

Message 5 of 7
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous

Both @Refaat @Rafacascudo are right.

Your model is a little bit imprecise and panels are not flat (this is a main condition to make Wind Simulation working)

Additionally 10cm mesh giving 131000 of nodes in this model is too much - but this comment has no relation to WS.

As suggested before 50cm mesh would be good enough -> 8000 nodes in model ; but of course the choice is yours.

To make model running for WS:

- delete meshes

- remove intermediate characteristic points on panel edges - use this macro

- then you need to replace these panels :  1621 1623  by the flat ones

- run WS

Rafal Gaweda
Message 6 of 7

Hello, I am facing the same problem, but I can't find the window for checking the flatness of panels, contours, and claddings.

Message 7 of 7

It's an addin

You csn find it here

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/robot-structural-analysis-forum/api-addin-checking-flatness-of-panels...

Rafael Medeiros
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report