Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall fixed support strange moments

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
415 Views, 6 Replies

Wall fixed support strange moments

Hi, i made this simple model to understand how robot works....so there is a simple wall with just a fixed support at the base and a Fy=100 kn in the middle. If i take a look at the mxx maps i got this image. I thought that the moment in force application point would be 0...isnt'it? Is the moment in that point caused by the internal reaction? the wall is 4m height and 4m large with 5cm tickness. Thanks everybody, i hoper you could help me  

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Artur.Kosakowski
in reply to: Anonymous

Could you attach your model?

vertical cut.PNG

Artur Kosakowski
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Artur.Kosakowski

yes for sure. Here is my model

Message 4 of 7
Artur.Kosakowski

Mind that the wall works in both directions and it deforms horizontally as well as vertically under the point load. In addition you should correctly set the projection of the results. I'm attaching the results for a model with rigid links defined along the top edge for the comparison.

bending top edge.png

If you find your post answered press the Accept as Solution button please. This will help other users to find solutions much faster. Thank you.

Artur Kosakowski
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

I would like to know the deflection on z axis after the reinforcement. But if i use "plate and shell reinforcement" i could not get z axis deflection...How can i get the z axis deflection?

Message 6 of 7
Artur.Kosakowski

By z axes do you mean the local Z of the panel (in the direction perpendicular to the panel) or the global Z (in the panel plane) ?

Artur Kosakowski
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

i'm sorry i made a mistake because i didn't use a sls combination...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report